become an editor
the entire directory
only in Unix/MINIX
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Education
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Microkernel
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Open Source
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Xinu
This category in other languages:
- Unix clone that is free, small, flexible, secure, and self-healing, leading to high reliability, even during software faults. Descriptions, FAQ, book, newsgroup, screenshots, bug reports, downloads. [open source, BSD-like]
Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- Professor, Free University, Amsterdam; author of MINIX Unix variant. Full source code. Free for all uses. Small size, microkernel, ample documentation. Users unfamiliar with OS internals can understand nearly the full system with a few months use and study. MINIX inspired Linus Torvalds to do Linux.
Bibliography on Minix, a UNIX-like OS
- Part of the Computer Science Bibliography Collection of Alf-Christian Achilles.
Brad's MacMinix Page
- MINIX that runs atop Mac OS. Benefits: while learning about operating systems, its easy to recompile and relaunch, with no rebooting; and to keep OS backups in separate files.
- This directory and subdirectories contain MINIX, a small Unix-like system for IBM PCs and compatibles.
MINIX - Wikipedia
- Overview article on the system and its history.
Minix Network Service Documentation
- Line-by-line comments of source code for TCP/IP networking protocols, network service, for Minix version 2.0.4. By Christos Karayiannis, Andrew Swartzbaugh.
Minix on the Net
- Documents, help files, hints, links.
The Minix Operating System
- Major resource of information on, downloads of, and software for, Minix.
- Overdressed version of Minix; source, binaries, man pages.
- Repository for OS related: documentation, help, information, news, links, books, source code, downloads. Not the official MINIX website.
Operating Systems Design and Implementation, 3/E
- By Andrew S Tanenbaum, Albert S Woodhull; Prentice Hall, 2006, ISBN 0131429388. Revised simplified edition, for latest MINIX version. An OS text which first explains relevant principles, then demonstrate their use via Unix-like OS as a detailed example.
Usenet comp.os.minix -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2010 at 19:02:29 UTC -