become an editor
the entire directory
only in OpenBSD/Administration
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Administration
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: BSD: OpenBSD: Development
Creating Custom Bootable OpenBSD CDs
- Instructions on creating custom, bootable OpenBSD CD-ROM images.
Introduction to OpenBSD Networking
- Learn how to setup the basic networking features of OpenBSD and turn it into a secure Internet router for your home network.
IPFilter Upgrading HOWTO for OpenBSD
- Instructions on how to update the IPF packet filtering code to the latest revision.
Kernel Panic - OpenBSD Docs
- A collection of documents about OpenBSD.
- Detailed installation instructions and configuration for OpenBSD 2.9.
OpenBSD Kernel Compilation and Optimization
- A walkthrough of the process to recompile your OpenBSD kernel to achieve optimum performance.
OpenBSD on Virtual PC
- Instructions on running OpenBSD in Connectix Virtual PC.
OpenBSD Upgrading Mini-FAQ
- Walkthrough on sync'ing your OpenBSD system to -current or -stable sources.
OpenBSD: Administration Functionality
- A table displaying common services with the name of the program in OpenBSD, how to manage system services, configuration files locations and additional notes.
Opening the Source Repository with Anonymous CVS
- Whitepaper by OpenBSD founder, Theo de Raadt, and AT&T researcher, Charles D. Cranor, describing the development and concepts of the Anonymous CVS source file distribution mechanism.
Operating Network Services Under OpenBSD
- Short article discussing how to install, configure, secure, and automate network services.
- Provides the pgrep and pkill commands, which, respectively, scan for and send signals to processes that are matched by command line options.
- Implementation of the Intel PXE bootstrap protocol for OpenBSD.
- Whitepaper by Marshall Kirk McKusick and Gregory R. Ganger on eliminating synchronous writes in the Fast Filesystem. Included in OpenBSD since OpenBSD 2.7 Release.
Soft Updates v. Journaling
- Whitepaper exploring the benefits of Soft Updates and journaling, comparing their behavior on both micro-benchmarks and workload-based macrobenchmarks.
- Effort to produce a reduced installation of OpenBSD for more secure usage in server environments.
Un*x System Administration
- Unix System Administration class taught at the University of Colorado that focuses on OpenBSD.
Vpn IKEv2 between a Windows 8 and an OpenBSD gateway
- How-to: Vpn IKEv2 between a Windows 8 Road Warrior Host and an OpenBSD gateway.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 17, 2014 at 7:54:04 UTC -