become an editor
the entire directory
only in BSD/NetBSD
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: BSD: NetBSD
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Mac OS: Mac OS X
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: BSD: BSD-OS
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: BSD: Darwin
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: BSD: FreeBSD
This category in other languages:
The NetBSD Project
- NetBSD is a free multi-platform operating system, with a focus on portability.
Benchmark Comparison of NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3
- This paper by Gregory McGarry presents a suite of benchmarks and results for comparing the performance of these operating systems. The benchmarks target core operating system functionality, server scalability and thread implementation.
Benedikt Meurer's NetBSD page
- Why he uses NetBSD, advantages and disadvantages of the OS vs. other OS's, and a number of useful how-to's on NetBSD.
- Release dates and package comparison tables for multiple NetBSD releases.
hubertf's NetBSD page
- Other links related to the NetBSD operating system.
Jesse's NetBSD Page
- Details why he chose NetBSD over other operating systems, and details of his port to the TS-7200 platform.
My Journal of NetBSD Experiences
- A journal of Jeremy Reed's experiences with NetBSD.
- Growing article, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia]
- List of NetBSD developers, who are members of the NetBSD Foundation and have CVS commit privileges.
NetBSD Mailing List Archives
- A complete, browsable and searchable index of all NetBSD related mailing lists.
The PEACE Project
- PEACE is a set of programs to run Win32 apps on NetBSD/i386.
- Pkgsrc-wip (work in progress) is a project to get more people actively involved with creating packages for pkgsrc, a portable packaging system coming from NetBSD.
Interview with Jay Michaelson of Wasabi Systems
- Vice President of firm. Main business is embedded market, markets NetBSD as an embedded OS, and sells boxed release. Says how it is better than VXWorks, Linux, QNX, Windows CE. Short article with forum comments. [OSNews.com] (April 03, 2003)
- A paper by Alistair Crooks about a more flexible infrastructure for third-party software. Later implemented in NetBSD's pkgsrc. [EuroBSDCon] [PDF] (November 14, 2002)
NetBSD Code Changes
- Changes to the NetBSD code base [RSS]
- Official news relating to the NetBSD project including release announcements and major changes. [RSS]
Usenet comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.announce -
Usenet comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 10, 2013 at 23:56:55 UTC -