the entire directory
only in Unix/BSD
Mac OS X
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Monolithic
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Open Source
This category in other languages:
- A virtual command line interface that works in browser and looks similar to FreeBSD 7.x.
- Technical conference in Tokyo, Japan, for users and developers of BSD-based systems, held annually in March of each year, since 2007.
The BSD Certification Group, Inc.
- BSDCertification.org provides system administration certifications for DragonFly BSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD.
BSD Cross Reference
- A source-code search engine, based on OpenGrok, that covers the complete kernel and non-GNU userland source trees of FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD and DragonFly BSD.
- Many useful, professional articles, columns, tutorials on BSD. O'Reilly Media, ONLamp.com.
- A weekly BSD podcast, featuring news, interviews and tutorials, in MP3, OGG and MP4, since 2013.
- Software, documentation, resources, news. A useful resource directory for using, installing, and maintaining all BSD-type systems.
- Links to major BSD variants, Unix book list, help pages on several Unix and system administration issues.
- Annual BSD technical conference; since 2004, held every May; University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Portal for all BSD-related information, events, resources; articles, tutorials, editorials, forums, links, downloads; goal: expand awareness, increase advocacy.
- BSD news, original articles, summaries and links to outside articles; tutorials, information.
- BSD information, forums, Weblog, wallpapers, merchandise.
- Voice interviews of people, often in recent BSD news, about this family of operating systems; as MP3 files, with forum comments.
- Discussion forum for the BSD family of operating systems. Dedicated sections for FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD questions. Suitable for newcomers and experts.
Euro BSD Con
- European BSD Conference is an annual event (generally spanning a total of 4 days) held in the final quarter of each year (generally between mid-September and November), each time in a different country within Europe, originally tracing its roots to Brighton, UK, in the year of 2001, going strong for more than 12 years.
- A BSD-derived operating system developed with desktop users in mind.
- The first Russian technical conference about operating systems in the BSD family, takes place in Yandex's Moscow office. Intended for system administrators and programmers, the conference aims to shed light on new technologies in the world of BSD and discuss examples in the application of BSD systems. Has been held on 2013-12-14; with a comeback on 2014-12-13. Attendance is free, but registration is required.
- BSD support forum, message board; covers all BSD Unix operating systems; forums, FAQ, member list, registration, calendar, new posts, journal, search, link database.
Short manual page URLs
- Deterministic URL shortener for BSD manual pages, written in nginx.conf. Supports FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD and DragonFly BSD. The source-code of the shortener is open-source, available on GitHub under a BSD licence.
- BSD section of the popular Slashdot open source news and forum site.
Wikipedia: Berkeley Software Distribution
- Online encyclopedia article about BSD, sometimes called Berkeley Unix, with links to related articles.
History of Euro BSD Cons
- A short history of European BSD Conferences, from the first one in 2001, to the one in 2009 at the time of writing. (September 09, 2009)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 25, 2014 at 0:21:51 UTC -