become an editor
the entire directory
only in Operating_Systems/Single_Address_Space
Single Address Space
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Single Address Space
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Persistent
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Research
Bibliography of Single Address Space OSs and Related Articles
- Part of Computer Science Bibliography Collection of Alf-Christian Achilles.
- Orthogonally persistent, capability-based secure SASOS using L4 2nd generation microkernel. Goals: Prove SASOSs can run on normal hardware, be as secure as normal OSs; can be as efficient as, and are faster than, normal OSs in some important uses; can be pure SASOSs with all data (even system data) in one address space and no other IPC mechanism is supported by OS. POSIX emulating. [Open Source, GPL]
- Exploring a new OS structure, tuned to the needs of complex applications (eg, CAD/CAM) where a number of cooperating programs manipulate a large shared persistent database of objects.
ResearchIndex: Architectural Support for Single Address Space Operating Systems
- From Proceedings of the International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems, Boston, USA, October 1992.
SASOS and Sombrero Project
- SASOS research, and the Sombrero OS, at Arizona State University.
Single Address Space Operating Systems Archive, Dartmouth
- Mail lists, projects, biographies (BibTeX, HTML long, HTML sans abstracts), a few links to other SASOS sites.
The Expected Lifetime of Single Address Space Operating Systems
- Where stale pointers make it hard to re-use addresses, some have claimed that a 64-bit address space is so big that there is no need to ever re-use addresses. Results of kernel-level tracing of department workstations. [PDF]
- Multitasking SASOS with transparent data persistence: users and application programmers need not know or care that system memory is transient and must be written to disk to persist across reboots, all details done by OS, so once data is made, it exists until explicitly destroyed, like physical objects. [Open Source, GPL]
Usenet comp.os.misc -
Usenet comp.os.research -
Single Address Space
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, December 8, 2008 1:09:29 PM EST -