become an editor
the entire directory
only in Realtime/Research
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Network: Quality of Service
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Research
- A full, stand-alone RTOS: fully preemptive realtime kernel, POSIX thread library, multithread-safe standard I/O libraries, TCP/IP suite, VFAT file system, X11 R6 window system, user-level IO. By Real-Time OSs Lab, Seoul National University.
- Multitasking, multiprocessor OS with features of commercial realtime OSs; as fast as VxWorks, OS-9, VRTX, LynxOS; 10 times faster in some cases: interprocessor communication. VMEbus-based, supports C/C++, goal: support developing dynamically reconfigurable software for robotic and automation systems.
- Realtime kernel for embedded uses, follows Minimal Real-Time POSIX.13 subset. Most code is Ada, but some C, assembly. Hardware access via Abstract Hardware Interface (HAL). Runs in cross development environment: PC Linux Host, bare 386 PC Target, Ethernet LAN link. [Open Source, GPL]
Mälardalen Research and Technology Centre: MRTC
- Researches realtime (with Asterix realtime kernel for space), embedded, safety critical systems, software engineering, monitoring and testing, programming languages. Lists of projects, publications, other documents. At IDt (CS) Department, Mälardalen University, Sweden.
- Studies modeling, simulation, and design of concurrent, real-time, embedded systems. Focus: assembly of concurrent components. Key underlying principle: use of well-defined computation models that govern interaction between components.
- By Real-Time and Multimedia Laboratory, Department of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University. RT-Mach is a resource kernel, a kernel provides resource-centric services, which can then be used to satisfy end-to-end QoS needs.
- Real-Time Systems Lab, St. Anna's School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy; researches innovative algorithms, methods, tools to deal with time-dependent applications. Projects: E.R.I.K.A., HARTIK HArd Real TIme Kernel, S.Ha.R.K.
RTG: Real Time Systems Group
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. Goal: develop methods, tools, systems to facilitate designing and implementing reliable distributed RT systems. Current projects: developing specification and analysis methods for RT systems, probabilistic modeling and analysis, schedulability analysis, run-time monitoring/checking, RT wireless communication and hybrid systems.
- Dynamic configurable kernel architecture to support hard/soft/non realtime use with interchangeable scheduling algorithms: fully modular in scheduling policies, aperiodic servers, concurrency control protocols; all not modular in most traditional OSs. Derived from HARTIK: HArd Real TIme Kernel. [Open Source, GPL]
- SUpport for Multimedia in Operating systems, Lancaster University: microkernel OS with facilities to support distributed realtime and multimedia applications and ODP-based multimedia distributed application platforms.
- Hard realtime OS for mechatronics, newest version for PowerPC; loosely based on Oberon OS, coded in Oberon-2. Goal: create framework for non-computer-scientists needing rapid application development (RAD) tool to program embedded systems.
Usenet comp.arch.embedded -
Usenet comp.os.misc -
Usenet comp.os.research -
Usenet comp.realtime -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 10, 2013 at 5:15:03 UTC -