become an editor
the entire directory
only in Object-Oriented/Java
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Implementations
Computers: Programming: Languages: Language-OS Hybrids
Computers: Programming: Languages: Object-Oriented: Class-based
Computers: Programming: Languages: Objective-C
Computers: Programming: Languages: Smalltalk
- Growing article, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia.
- Goals: all Java OS, flat memory model, for personal use, simple to use and install, any Java applications to run on it fast and safe. Descriptions, documents, screenshots, downloads. Open Source, LGPL.
JOS: Java Operating System
- Collaborative undertaking by an international group of Java programmers and enthusiasts to create free Java OS. [Open Source]
- Makes JX OS: set of Java components executes on core doing system initialization, CPU context switching, low-level domain management; code organized as components loaded into domains, verified, translated to native code; protection based on type safety of intermediate (byte)code. Open Source.
- Tiny Java OS for Lego RCX brick. Like its predecessor TinyVM, has tiny Java runtime, under 32K; works as replacement firmware for Lego; Hitachi H8300 processor. To be ported to more small devices. [Open Source, Mozilla]
- Tool designed to teach inner workings of operating systems: simple animated simulated OS and hardware coded in Java. RCOS successor.
- Minimal OS kernel for PC based server appliances. Lets you run java server applications without need to install host OS, only need normal Java HotSpot VM and Sanos. Description, documents, downloads, manifesto, links, contact. [Open Source, BSD]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 29, 2014 at 9:24:08 UTC -