become an editor
the entire directory
only in Network/Quality_of_Service
Quality of Service
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Realtime
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Research
DROPS: Dresden Real-Time Operating System Project
- Several RTOSs with QoS focus: much research is done on networking support for continuous-media applications, very few projects tackle related OS issues, such as scheduling and file system support for bounded response time: overview, status, download, installation, use, documentation, papers.
- High-Performance distributed object environment emphasizing adaptive end-to-end QoS guarantees. Abstract, components, documents, people, funding.
- Free for non-commercial use. Communication-oriented OS focused on network systems: network-attached devices, set-top boxes, and hand-held devices. Fast, customizable, based on new ways to structure and construct OSs: The Path: how data flows between end-points in a system; paths are primary objects to which resources are assigned. Also exploring new compiler technologies for system design and implementation, based on this insight: extensible OSs are worthless if no one can build or extend them.
- Object-oriented operating system for large-scale shared-memory multiprocessors. Minimizes data sharing via careful design: often eliminates data sharing even when sharing appears natural. Successor to Hurricane.
Getting Closer to 99.9999% Network Uptime
- Has information loss become so crucial? Is there real demand for highly available networks? Or are network OEMs, fighting a bad economy, making high-tech versions of detergent ads claiming new and improved? Vaughan-Nichols and Associates. (April 25, 2003)
Usenet comp.os.misc -
Usenet comp.os.research -
Quality of Service
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 3, 2015 at 1:47:44 UTC -