become an editor
the entire directory
only in Distributed/Plan_9
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Network: Distributed: Plan 9
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Monolithic: Hybrid
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Network: Open Source
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Open Source
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: POSIX: Open Source
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Realtime
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Research
This category in other languages:
Plan 9 from Bell Labs
- A research operating system for distributed environments developed at Bell Labs by the team that created C and Unix.
Plan 9 from User Space
- A port of many Plan 9 programs from their native Plan 9 environment to Unix-like operating systems.
The 9term Terminal Emulator
- X terminal emulator that mimics the Plan 9 terminal.
- A port of the Plan 9 kernel to run as a user space program using the vx32 sandboxing library in *BSD, Linux, and OS X systems.
C Programming in Plan 9 from Bell Labs
- An introduction to writing C programs in the Plan 9 environment by Pietro Gagliardi.
- Index of software packages part of the 'Contrib' directory in the Bell Labs Sources repository.
International Workshops for Plan 9 and Inferno Unofficial Homepage
- Information about the Plan 9 and Inferno workshops, including proceedings, video and audio recordings, and other resources.
- A modularized federated OS based on L4 micro kernel and Plan9 from Bell Labs.
- News, tips and articles about Plan 9 and Inferno.
Plan 9 2nd Edition ReadMe by Brian W. Kernighan
- General introduction to the system.
Plan 9 and Inferno at the Google Summer of Code
- News, blogs, source code repositories and other resources for the Plan 9 and Inferno projects part of GSoC.
Plan 9 from Bell Labs
- Wikipedia article about Plan 9.
- A (friendly) fork of the Plan 9 operating system, including many new contributions and packages.
Reinventing Unix: An Introduction to the Plan 9 Operating System
- Technical paper abstract; link to main article, fee needed. Library Hi Tech; Emerald Group.
Second International Workshop on Plan 9
- A workshop for researchers and developers working on Plan 9 from Bell Labs, Inferno, and related ideas and projects.
Upas - A Simpler Approach to Metwork Mail
- Essay on the mail interface system by David L. Presotto. Available in PDF and PostScript format.
- First International Workshop for Plan 9 and Inferno. (December 05, 2006)
Plan 9 at the Advanced Computing Laboratory
- Documentation, tips, various software packages including ports of Unix software, and extra drivers for 3rd Edition. (April 21, 2003)
Plan 9: The Way the Future Was
- Essay compares Plan 9 to Unix, parts of Plan 9 being implemented in Unix. From Eric S. Raymond's book The Art of Unix Programming. (January 01, 2003)
Geeks404.com: Plan 9 from Bell
- News coverage of the Open Source release of the third edition of Plan 9. (June 16, 2000)
Bell Labs Innovations: Bell Labs Unveils Open Source Release of Plan 9 Operating System
- The official press release. (June 07, 2000)
Usenet comp.os.inferno -
Usenet comp.os.plan9 -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 7, 2011 at 20:54:19 UTC -