become an editor
the entire directory
only in Network/Distributed
Computers: Computer Science: Distributed Computing
Computers: Programming: Languages: Concurrent
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Hardware Support: High Availability
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Microkernel
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Object-Oriented
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Parallel
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Research
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Submicrokernel
This category in other languages:
- Modular object-oriented application to index files across networks. Has plug-in type data retrieval system, webserver, peer-to-peer connections for network-wide information gathering, retrieval; has features of OSs, database management systems, distributed networking. Open Source, GPL.
- A distributed operating system based on the concepts of object replication, component model support and persistence. It consists of a L4 microkernel and a set of distributed objects acting at the user level. [Open source]
- hierarchically clustered OS implemented on Hector multiprocessor; manages system resources in clusters, using tight coupling within clusters, loose coupling across clusters. Succeeded by Tornado.
MIT LCS PDOS
- Parallel and Distributed Operating Systems Group; research focus: extensible and flexible system services: filesystems, networking, languages. Projects: 'C, Chord, Click, Exokernel (Exopc), Grid, Prolac, RON, and SFS. Funding: DARPA, NSF; AT&T, IBM, Intel. Many open source downloads.
- Software package to enhance Unix kernels (7 so far) and Linux with cluster computing abilities. Lets any size cluster of x86-based workstations and servers work cooperatively as if part of one system. [Open Source, GPL]
- Distributed OS gives one system image to/over a networked cluster of workstations, research project, Berkeley, John Outerhoust group; high file system performance via client and server caching, process migration to use idle machines; testbed for research in file systems (log-structured, striped, RAID), crash recovery.
- Object-oriented operating system for large-scale shared-memory multiprocessors. Minimizes data sharing via careful design: often eliminates data sharing even when sharing appears natural. Successor to Hurricane.
The V Distributed System
- Research OS for a cluster of computer workstations connected by fast network; structured as a small distributed kernel, and set of service modules, runtime libraries, and commands. Stanford University. [PDF]
V Operating System
- Growing article, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia.
Usenet comp.os.misc -
Usenet comp.os.research -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 19, 2015 at 15:54:04 UTC -