become an editor
the entire directory
only in Microkernel/Open_Source
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Object-Oriented
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Open Source
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Submicrokernel
- Free microkernel operating system for i386 architecture, built on Gemini Nucleus, coded in C. Seeks to provide well-designed alternate to extant OSs; goal: create an OS that works because it is appropriate and effective for its users. [open source, GPL]
- Open source project to make a production quality micro kernel based on the latest findings in OS research.
- To be fast, secure, straightforward, fill gap between OS X, Linux, Windows, built on microkernel, coded in Assembly, C/C++; for desktops, workstations, small servers. Description, mail list, OS design documents, CVS, downloads. [Open Source, BSD]
- Loosely based on concepts in BeOS, FreeBSD, NT, Solaris, other modern OSs; goals: be as modern and complete as possible, emphasize platform portability; runs on x86 1, 2/4 SMP CPUs, Sega Dreamcast Hitachi SH-4. Kernel used in OpenBeOS. [Open Source, BSD]
- A microkernel operating system written from scratch. It has some drivers, programs, support for dynamically linked C library, ELF executables.
Programmers Operating SYStem: POSYS
- To be simple 32-bit multitasking microkernel using all security features of x86 processors, able to load and execute modules for: MS Win32 (32-bit PE, EXE; dynamic link libraries, DLLs), Linux (ELF, a.out). [Open Source, GPL]
- Opensource effort to develop a quality operating system compatible with Windows NT applications and drivers.
- Realtime microkernel: preemptive, fully re-entrant, multithreaded, SMP, continuations, full locking primitives; shares many ideas with Mach, developed by CMU in late 1980's, early 1990's, stopped in 1994. [GPL]
The Spoon Microkernel
- Hobby and education OS, for Intel compatible CPUs. Descriptions, documents, screenshots, tips, links. [Open Source, BSD]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 19, 2014 at 15:28:11 UTC -