become an editor
the entire directory
only in Microkernel/Mach
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Microkernel: Mach
Mac OS X
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Microkernel: Flux-Fluke-Flask
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Network
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Network: Distributed
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: POSIX
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix
Flux Research Group: Older Projects and Software
- Mach 4 kernel, Lites Unix server, Mach/Lites/4.4-lite, MOSS, Goofie, PA-RISC GNU tools.
- Famous pioneering microkernel research OS, from Carnegie Mellon University: CMU. It lead to many well known OSs: NeXT, Flux (part of the Flux-Fluke-Flask progression, though Fluke is new code, and which is viewed by many as the follow-on to Mach), GNU Hurd.
- Goal: create an environment for developing and deploying critical applications with hard real-time constraints in a reactive environment. Such applications must be able to execute on a platform of distributed and heterogeneous resources, and operate continuously in the presence of faults.
- Mach compatible microkernel; gives one code base able to support high assurance, scalability, realtime, distribution, SMP, fault handling, performance; all built in an object-oriented B3 evaluable fashion.
- An Open Source operating system which consists of an implementation of the Linux operating system hosted on the Mach microkernel.
- By Real-Time and Multimedia Laboratory, Department of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University. RT-Mach is a resource kernel, a kernel provides resource-centric services, which can then be used to satisfy end-to-end QoS needs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 7:57:02 PM EST -