become an editor
the entire directory
only in IBM/z-OS
Computers: Hardware: Systems: IBM: Mainframe
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Mainframe: IBM: z-VM
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Mainframe: IBM: z-VSE
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: AIX
- IBM home page for zSeries/Operating System (z/OS). Information on the latest version with links to an overview, recent announcements, software, migration and installation, news, support, downloads, education, library and ease of use issues. z/OS replaced OS/390 (which replaced MVS) when IBM eserver zSeries 900 (z900) replaced System/390 enterprise servers (mainframes).
Bill's Big Iron Page
- Both links and original material covering common programming problems in the z/OS environment. By Canadian Bill Lalonde.
DB2 for z/OS and OS/390
- IBM home page for Database 2 Universal Database (DB2 UDB). Information on associated products and links to features and benefits, system requirements, library, success stories, news, downloads, events, education, services and support. DB2 is a relational database management system (DBMS).
- IBM home page for Data Facility Sort (DFSORT). Includes links to product details, publications, support and downloads. DFSORT is sort/merge software with utility capabilities such as data analysis, conversion and reporting.
DOCWEB: The CNS Documentation System
- Instruction manuals, Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs) and News for students and other users of the mostly-mainframe University of Florida (UF)Computing and Networking Services (CNS).
IBM z/OS Consolidated Service Test (CST) and the Recommended Service Upgrade (RSU)
- Integrated testing of an older Program Update Tape (PUT) level with hipers and PE's from a more recent PUT level for specified operating system, database and teleprocessing monitor versions.
- IBM home page for Information Management System (IMS). Information on the family of software with links to a library, success stories, news, events, education, services and support. IMS is a transaction processing system (IMS/TM), a hierarchical database (IMS/DB), data management tools and connectors.
IMS Glossary of Terms and Acronyms
- Common technical terminology used to describe concepts within IMS/TM and IMS/DB. From IBM.
LDW's Quick and Dirty MVS Page
- Leonard Woren's favourite z/OS software and links.
LE: Language Environment
- The IBM common run-time environment for popular programming languages.
- Help Boards provide question and answer discussion threads on z/OS application programming, databases, utilities, JCL, Middleware including CICS, IMS, TSO, ISPF, data management and problem determination. There are also links to IBM manuals.
- On August 9, 1972, D.A. Jardine wrote this humorous obituary for Operating System/360 (OS/360), the original ancestor of z/OS.
OSdata.com on MVS
- A Web site that looks at operating systems, takes a look at MVS, now officially known as z/OS.
- IBM home page for Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) security software. Introduction with links to a technical overview, news, downloads, user groups, past and future presentations, migration, library, FAQs and education.
- Books, education, technical reports, freeware and links of interest to those who support z/OS.
RMF: Resource Management Facility
- IBM's performance measurement and management software.
SDSF: System Display and Search Facility
- IBM software to view and control the JES2 queues, running batch jobs, started tasks, and on-line TSO users.
- Provides z/OS-based mainframe application concepts, techniques and examples, with special emphasis on integration with the Internet. Hosted by a California consulting firm.
SMP/E: System Modification Program Extended
- The software used to install and maintain z/OS software from IBM and many other software companies.
- On-line newsletter of technical articles related to TSO and ISPF, with lots of REXX-related information. Includes some articles on the company's (Chicago-Soft) mainframe software products.
UNIX System Services
- IBM resources for the full UNIX implementation built into z/OS.
UnXMIT Information Exchange
- Details on how to write a program for operating systems other than z/OS that will read a z/OS Partitioned DataSet (PDS, also known as a Library) that been sent with TSO's TRANSMIT (XMIT) command.
Watson & Walker
- Cheryl Watson specializes in z/OS tuning. This site offers access to some of her free reports and details on how to acquire her chargeable materials, including her Tuning Newsletter, CPU chart, classes on video, and BoxScore and GoalTender software.
Western Illinois University: StuMVS System
- Student guides for TSO (ISPF), CICS, MVS QuickRef, AbendAid, local JCL standards and a small glossary.
Wikipedia OS/360 Encyclopedia Entry
- Short article with many embedded links describing Operating System/360 (OS/360), the original ancestor of z/OS that was written as the operating system for high-end System/360 computers in the early 1960s.
z/OS Hot Topics Newsletters
- Published twice annually by IBM for z/OS Systems Programmers, with one to five page technical articles. Available on-line in PDF format.
z/OS IBM Manuals
- On-line access to manuals covering all components of z/OS. Requires no special reader, though it does simulate IBM BookManager.
- IBM security features with and products for z/OS.
Usenet bit.listserv.ibm-main -
Usenet bit.listserv.tsorexx -
Usenet comp.lang.asm370 -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2016 at 3:26:35 UTC -