the entire directory
only in Mainframe/IBM
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Mainframe: IBM
Computers: Companies: IBM
Computers: Hardware: Systems: IBM: Mainframe
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: AIX
Operating Systems for IBM Mainframe Servers
- IBM starting point for mainframe OSs. Links to home page of each OS, with brief descriptions: z/OS, z/OS.e, Linux on zSeries, z/VM, TPF and z/VSE.
- IBM home page for Customer Information Control System (CICS). Includes links to support, download, case studies, library, services, events and education. CICS is a transaction processing teleprocessing monitor that runs on z/OS and VSE/ESA, though there have been z/VM and non-mainframe versions.
- Information, reviews and discussion about IBM's CICS.
CICS Internet Connectivity
- Describes options available for connecting CICS to the Internet.
CICS: Bob Yelavich
- CICS technical information from a retired IBM expert.
DB2 Server for VSE & VM
- IBM home page for Database 2 running on z/VM and VSE/ESA. Overview and associated products, with links to features and benefits, system requirements, success stories, news, events, education and support. Formerly named SQL/DS, DB2 is a relational database management system (DBMS).
- IBM home page for Data Interfile Transfer, Testing, and Operations Utility for ESA (DITTO/ESA). Overview of features with links to support, news, library and more information. DITTO runs on VSE/ESA, z/VM and z/OS.
IBM End of Support Dates
- IBM's official listing of the announced end of support date, if any, for each of their software products.
- An on-line tool (registration required) for IBM z/OS, z/VM, z/VSE customers to order tailored product and service packages, review their software licenses and plan for future upgrades.
IBM Storage Software
- IBM home page for mainframe storage software, including DFSMS, DFSORT and DataCore SANSymphony, with a link to the TotalStorage Software Roadmap.
IBM-Main FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions
- Common questions and answers about the IBM-Main discussion list.
Jaqui's Papers & Presentations
- 10 years of technical conference papers and presentation notes by Jacqui Lynch of Circle4 Consulting. Performance, capacity planning and security, including VSAM, z/OS, Linux, TCP/IP and storage management.
LISTSERV at the University of Georgia
- RACF-L: RACF Discussion List
LookAt Message Help Facility
- IBM message lookup for z/OS, OS/390, z/VM and VSE/ESA. By operating system version number.
- Muraleedharan's links and abstracts of articles on systems software topics, including z/OS, DB2, CICS, DFSMS and RACF.
- Categorized page of links for IBM mainframe programmers.
Mainframe VM & VSE Page
- Links compiled by Johan van Arendonk.
- Mainframe programming information, including a large dictionary and links to downloads and manuals.
Mainstar Software: Resources
- Although focused on z/OS storage management, many of the VSAM documents, for example, also apply to VSE/ESA and z/VM. White papers and other articles, much of it vendor-neutral.
Mike Murach's Mainframe Books
- Publisher of books on COBOL, DB2, CICS, z/OS JCL, TSO, VSAM, IMS, and VSE/ESA. Sample chapters and code can be downloaded.
NaSPA: Network and Systems Professionals Association
- User group. Primary focus is z/OS systems programming.
- A selection of terms, with definitions, taken from an appendix found in most IBM RACF manuals.
SDS, Dictionary of the Mainframe World
- Descriptions of mainframe-related terms.
- News, programming tips and technical information for z/OS and mainframe Linux applications and systems programmers.
TPF Family Libraries
- Access to the IBM TPF Product Information Center, on-line manuals for TPF, TPFDF, EOCF/2, TPF Operations Server and IIOP Connect for TPF, and order information for CD-ROM and printed manuals.
TPF: Transaction Processing Facility
- IBM home page for TPF. Despite the name, TPF can be run as a stand-alone operating system on IBM mainframes.
Transaction Servers and Tools eNews
- An IBM monthly publication focused almost entirely on CICS.
- An IBM redbook covering basics, performance, recovery and management, with sample code in an appendix. Viewable on-line or downloadable as an Adobe Acrobat .pdf file.
VTAM for z/VM and VSE/ESA
- IBM home page for Virtual Telecommunications Access Method (VTAM); the z/OS version is part of Communications Server. Includes links to the latest version's announcement letter, documentation and storage estimates.
WAVV: World Alliance of VSE and VM
- User group spun off from GUIDE in 1995 and similar to SHARE, with annual conference aimed mainly at VSE/ESA and z/VM systems programmers.
- Large IBM product family encompassing middleware and other application delivery software that provides Web-based access to an organization's application software. Including WebSphere MQ, the former MQSeries.
Usenet bit.listserv.cics-l -
Usenet bit.listserv.ibm-main -
Usenet comp.lang.asm370 -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, November 29, 2013 6:15:10 AM EST -