become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Education
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Mac OS: Software: Multimedia Authoring
Atom in a Box
- Quantum physics tool that displays real-time visualizations of atomic orbitals.
- Become a calculus superpower with Calculus WIZ, an interactive tutorial that's simple, powerful, and easy to understand. (Requires Mathematica or Mathematica for Students)
- Makers of a variety of amateur radio software utilities, ideal for the HAM radio enthusiast.
- A Macintosh drawing program created to teach children about the concepts behind both evolution and genetics.
- Designed by Misty City, this grading program provides teachers a multi-functional grade spreadsheet. Features include e-mail merge to communicate with parents, and filters to create web pages.
Mathematica for Students
- Use it as easily as a calculator, but tackle computations only Mathematica can handle. (Wolfram Research)
Miss Lindquist the algebra tutor
- An intelligent tutoring agent that is actually able to tutor students to write algebraic expressions for story problems. This system is based on cognitive scientific research and is funded under a National Science Foundation grant.
- A Web-based teacher gradebook that saves time, reduces teacher-parent conferences, and improves student performance. Provided via a secure socket connection.
Phillip Roy, Inc.
- Programs equip students with the knowledge and skills to set goals for themselves and make better life choices. Their educational materials are written for students of different learning abilities.
Preferred Educational Software
- A site that provides one stop shopping for sports and athletic software for coaches and athletic directors.
- Software, video and CD-ROMs for history, science and literature.
- TAAS, FCAT, ISAT, and general state test-preparation tutorial and diagnostic software for first grade through high school. Math, Reading, Writing, Algebra, Biology, and Social Studies.
- A Macintosh program, by Texas Instruments, that interacts with the TI-73, 83, 86, 89, and 92 models of their graphing calculators.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 5, 2013 at 20:00:41 UTC -