become an editor
the entire directory
only in Support/Documentation
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Support: Documentation
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Support: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Documentation
This category in other languages:
Linux Documentation Project
- The LDP has subject-specific help, FAQ, help on individual commands, and documentation guides for Linux.
Erik's Book About Linux
- Covers a variety of topics, including why to use Linux, partitions, beginning commands, user rights, LILO, virtual terminals, shell scripts, configuration, system and BASH init files, daemons, PPP connections, CRON, SSH, mocules, slow loading X, how to find distributions, and compiling your kernel.
- Helpful descriptions, and links to free books, online and downloadable, some are distribution specific. Very useful for people, schools, businesses, and nations with low incomes that cannot afford costly titles.
- HOWTOs describe in detail a certain aspect of configuring or using Linux. Site has information about the HOWTOs and using them, and an annotated index.
IBM Linux Technology Center Technical Library
- The documentation section of the IBM LTC. Includes articles on clusters, Java, and security.
Linux Installation and Getting Started
- A guide to installing and transitioning to the Linux operating system. Topics include getting and installation, system administration, the XWindows system, and networking.
Linux Pre-installation Checklist
- A checklist to use when cataloguing important system hardware specifications.
Linux Security Documentation
- The documentation section of www.linuxsecurity.com. Includes a number of articles on hardening and securing Linux.
Linux on Laptops
- A collection of articles on how to make Linux run on laptops manufactured by various companies.
The CTDP Linux Operating System section
- Contains several documents and articles about Linux. Many categorized Linux weblinks are included. Documents include a Linux User's Guide, How Linux Works Guide, and Files and Command Reference. Internal pages uses frames
The Linux Cookbook
- All-encompassing book on using open source software, which itself is open source and available online.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 1, 2009 8:45:12 PM EST -