become an editor
the entire directory
only in Security/Documentation
Computers: Security: News and Media: Magazines and E-zines
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Support: Documentation
Firewall Piercing mini-HOWTO
- Tutorial on using ppp over telnet to do network stuff transparently through an Internet firewall. (François-René Rideau)
Firewalling and Proxy Server HOWTO
- Teaches the basics of firewall systems and give you some detail on setting up both a filtering and proxy firewall on a Linux based PC, by Mark Grennan.
Installing a firewall, Part 1
- Get the details of a secure Trustix 1.1 installation
Linux Administrator's Security Guide
- A security guide aimed at administrators and users, available online in Acrobat PDF format, by Kurt Seifried.
Linux Bridge+Firewall Mini-HOWTO
- A tutorial on how to setup a bridge and a firewall with Linux, by Peter Breuer.
- Describes how to obtain, install and configure the enhanced IP firewalling chains software for Linux, and how they might be used, by Paul Russell.
Linux Security Basics
- How to achieve the goal of every system admin: boring, predictable computers
Linux Security HOWTO
- Security issues that face the administrator, security philosophy, examples of how to secure the system from intruders.
Linux Security HOWTO
- General overview of security issues that face the administrator of Linux systems. It covers general security philosophy and a number of specific examples of how to better secure your Linux system from intruders.
Network Security Information: UNIX
- Network Security Library has links to many UNIX (and, especially, Linux) security articles on host hardening, security admin guides, and special purpose hardening tips.
Ritter's Crypto Glossary and Dictionary of Technical Cryptography
- Hyperlinked definitions and discussions of many cryptographic, mathematics, logic, statistics, and electronics terms used in cipher construction and analysis.
Secure POP via SSH mini-HOWTO
- Explains how to set up secure POP connections using ssh, by Manish Singh.
- Provides a checklist on how to secure UNIX/Linux NIS (formerly YP) services in an intranet environment.
Setting up a secure Linux server
- Setting up a secure Linux server using RedHat and the Linux From Scratch system.
A Simple Scheme to Make Passwords Based on One-Way Functions Much Harder to Crack
- Discusses the possibility that crackers might generate and distribute a massive list of encrypted passwords.
UnOfficial SELinux FAQ
- A technical FAQ for the NSA SELinux project, which covers installation and implementation issues.
YoLinux: Internet Server Security HowTo and Tutorial
- This tutorial covers the installation and use of hacker protection software such as Portsentry, tripwire, ssh. It also covers configuration and administration steps to make a Linux server secure against hackers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 19, 2014 at 13:24:07 UTC -