become an editor
the entire directory
only in Security/Distributions
Computers: Security: Products and Tools
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Distributions
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Networking: Firewalls
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Security
Astaro Internet Security
- Appliance-based special-purpose hardened Linux distribution with firewall, VPN, anti-virus functionality. Some functionality is available for free for home use, the rest is commercial.
- Small CD-based distribution used for firewalls, routers. System configuration settings are stored on separate floppy disk. Descriptions, news, documents, downloads, links.
- Server distribution, goal: provide level of security needed to create corporate web presence or conduct business on Web. Security achieved via included software and using principle of least privilege; available for use.
- Openwall GNU/*/Linux is a server distribution; main means to security: proactive source code review, privilege separation; several other means also used. Available for use. English, French, German, Russian.
Sentry Firewall CD
- Linux-based bootable CD suitable for use as low cost, easy to maintain firewall or IDS node.
Migrating to Astaro Security Linux
- Fed up with costly, complex firewalls, e-gaming firm eBet Ltd., picks open source security; senior systems administrator knew he needed to upgrade from Check Point 4.0 perimeter firewall. [Linux Journal] (December 15, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 19:56:58 UTC -