become an editor
the entire directory
only in Projects/Security
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Security
Computers: Security: Products and Tools
- A network scanner that detects Microsoft Windows shares using the SMB protocol.
BitDefender Linux Edition v.7.0 (for Workstations)
- Free effective anti-virus security solution for systems running Linux; free updates of all signature files and high scanning speed.
- A Crypto IP Encapsulation project. Offers a protocol that passes encrypted packets between prearranged routers in the form of UDP packets.
Cistron RADIUS Server
- An authentication and accounting server for terminal servers that speak the RADIUS protocol.
- Protocol LAN analyzer that can monitor various interfaces: ISDN, PPP, Token Ring, standard: loopback, 10baseT Ethernet.
- Freeware PGP, Pretty Good Privacy interoperable encryption software package. CTC is Rot13 for PGP.
- A circuit-level firewall and proxy that can be used to provide convenient and secure network connectivity to a wide range of hosts. Very similar to a SOCKS implementation.
- Performs emulation of other operating systems and vulnerabilities not found on the host; in order to deceive and solicit invalid attempts of exploitation by malicious individuals.
- An application-level gateway server.
EPAN - Ethernet Protocol Analyzer
- A protocol analyzer that supports ethernet, Token Ring, SLIP, PPP, ISDN, and loopback.
- Free software package for booting x86 PCs over networks.
- Allows the user to take over the IP address of another machine in the user's LAN via ARP spoofing.
- Free Tabular DataStream package. Tabular DataStream is a client-to-database server protocol in SyBase and Microsoft SQL database implementations.
GNUPG- Gnu Privacy Guard
- An open source OpenPGP compatible encryption system. Provides data integrity services for messages and data files by using digital signatures, encryption, and compression.
- A network scanner that uses spoofed source address packets. Mainly used to test firewall rules and to perform advanced TCP/IP related attacks like the idle scan.
- icmpquery is a tool for sending and receiving ICMP queries for the destinations address mask and current time.
- A packet sniffing tool, based on the Berkeley packet capture library; that prints complete data-link, network, and transport layer header information for all packets it sees.
ippl - IP Protocols Logger
- Performs logging of incoming IP packets by utilizing a multi-threaded approach. Administrators can perform filtering of captured packets.
- IPTraf is a console-based network statistics utility that gathers TCP connection paket and byte counts, interface statistics, and activity indicators. Also captures all TCP/UDP packets.
- Freeware for Unix/Linux/FreeBSD/OS2/BeOS/Windows 95/98/ME/NT4. Web proxy that filters banner ads, cookies, and referer tracking. Supports wafers and User-Agent spoofing.
- A log analysis program that interfaces with the SNORT open source Intrusion Detection System to provide real time visual notification when an intrusion signature has been detected on the network.
- Strong user authentication and access control for Linux environments in a fully integrated system using PAM modules.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, June 24, 2013 9:35:04 AM EDT -