become an editor
the entire directory
only in Projects/Console
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Console
- A program that will monitor one or more log files, updating when more data is available ala 'tail -f' , within a common terminal window via a "split window". User can scroll up/down/left/right through all the windows. A header displays each frames file name, and number of lines in the file.
- Linux dialer/terminal useful for establishing ppp and other console use.
Ncurses at the Free Software Foundation (FSF)
- Ncurses is software for controlling writing to the console screen under Unix, Linux and other operating systems.
Pip - make any program a filter
- Pip is a wrapper for programs that won't use stdin and stdout, but require filenames to be given on the command line.
SanTools: tools for Linux
- A set of utilities that includes a file manager Screen Shell, text editor Ned, binary editor EDX, Screen library and some other utilities. The only thing necessary is a web browser (Explorer or Netscape) and you will have a graphic user interface without X11.
- Scroller is a replacement for the command "while true; do clear; xxx; sleep 10; done". It uses ncurses to redraw the new output much more smoothly, and truncates the output to the size of the screen, without causing the program to abort.
- A console based X11 type windowing system.
- Wily is a mouse-oriented, text-based working environment for programmers. It lets you interact with your files, directories and other programs through mouse and keyboard operations on plain text.
Zsh - Linux shell
- Zsh is a shell designed for interactive use, although it is also a powerful scripting language.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, November 11, 2013 10:09:19 PM EST -