become an editor
the entire directory
only in Projects/Console
- Linux dialer/terminal useful for establishing ppp and other console use.
Ncurses at the Free Software Foundation (FSF)
- Ncurses is software for controlling writing to the console screen under Unix, Linux and other operating systems.
Pip - make any program a filter
- Pip is a wrapper for programs that won't use stdin and stdout, but require filenames to be given on the command line.
SanTools: tools for Linux
- A set of utilities that includes a file manager Screen Shell, text editor Ned, binary editor EDX, Screen library and some other utilities. The only thing necessary is a web browser (Explorer or Netscape) and you will have a graphic user interface without X11.
- Scroller is a replacement for the command "while true; do clear; xxx; sleep 10; done". It uses ncurses to redraw the new output much more smoothly, and truncates the output to the size of the screen, without causing the program to abort.
- A console based X11 type windowing system.
- Wily is a mouse-oriented, text-based working environment for programmers. It lets you interact with your files, directories and other programs through mouse and keyboard operations on plain text.
Zsh - Linux shell
- Zsh is a shell designed for interactive use, although it is also a powerful scripting language.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 23, 2016 at 8:15:08 UTC -