become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/Articles
News and Media
SCO Boycott, Lawsuits
Computers: Open Source: Articles
- Site dedicated to Linux news.
Linux BSD Central
- The latest news related to Linux and freeBSD. Articles and guides on setting up Linux software and configuration.
Cell Phone Makers Call on Linux
- Can the alternative OS compete in a market already dominated by Palm and Microsoft? (January 08, 2003)
IBM Mulls Linux For Its PCs
- IBM may soon start packing its PCs with the open-source Linux operating system. IBM's Linux initiative has so far been limited to its servers and workstations. (December 27, 2002)
Tracking Tux: Research Round-Up
- Where Linux is, and where it is going, in the enterprise sector. (December 04, 2002)
Security Fueling Open-Source Adoption
- Price no longer the best reason to try OSS? (October 29, 2002)
Linux Renews Desktop Bid
- Enterprises are looking again at Linux as a Windows alternative. (October 14, 2002)
Linux.com: Linux.com matches Microsoft software donation offers!
- Get Linux free while supplies last. Hurry this offer only good as long as the internet lasts. (October 10, 2002)
Linux.com: Improving the Linux vs. Microsoft Debate
- Total cost of ownership improves the quality of the operating systems debate. (May 31, 2002)
IBM and Linux: the dinosaurs and the penguin
- How IBM is making a comeback with Linux. The Register. (November 20, 2001)
The Register: MS moves to head off Linux desktop 'threat'
- Does Redmond fear Linux is ready for prime time? (September 26, 2001)
HP-Compaq's Great Software Challenge
- What will CEO Carly Fiorina do about its gaggle of operating systems? The decision could confirm her vision and make Linux a huge winner. Business Week Online. (September 06, 2001)
Governments push open-source software
- Concerned with costs and dependency, legislators from Brazil to China are increasingly considering open-source software. CNET. (August 29, 2001)
Why Microsoft is wary of open source
- CNet discusses how Linux's popularity could hinder the software giant in its quest to gain control of a server market. (June 18, 2001)
90% Windows, 5% Mac, 5% Linux?
- Register article by a Newsforge regular about the "market share" of popular Operating Systems. (June 13, 2001)
Can Mandrake raise money by being your team?
- Linux.com article says Mandrake soft is considering an IPO. (May 30, 2001)
Linux code co-op
- IBM, NEC, Fujitsu, Hitachi co-operate on corporate Linux code. From The Register. (May 30, 2001)
Can you install Linux? I think I can
- Linux may be leading the open-source movement but is it the software for the people? It depends. Would you recognize a video card if it jumped off a motherboard? [CNN] (September 28, 1999)
Feds Can no Longer Ignore Linux
- There may come a day when government IT managers realize the cost savings of not having to pay for an OS license for every desktop and server. [CNN] (September 24, 1999)
The Penguin, the Press, and the Marketplace
- The viability of Linux as a mainstream operating system, examined from a media and marketing perspective. (February 27, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 23, 2015 at 15:24:08 UTC -