become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hardware_Support/Sound
Computers: Multimedia: Music and Audio: Software: Linux
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Multimedia: Music and Audio
- Commercial sound support package for Unix audio applications; offers a limited free version.
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
- A modular sound card driver and API.
Aureal Linux Hacking
- Vortex sound chip drivers for Linux.
CDstatus: cd diagnostics and ripping for Linux
- Home of the free (read the license), open-source program for cd diagnostics and ripping on Linux by Nathanael Hoyle. Background info, usage instructions, install guide, and the current version available for free download. Now includes cddb support!
GNU OCTAL project page
- GNU OCTAL project for music tracking.
Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API (LADSPA)
- Introduction to Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API (LADSPA).
Linux Music Software Site
- Free and Shareware programs: screen shots, and user reviews.
Linux MusicStation! aka M station
- Linux music site.
Linux OSS Lite ForteMedia FM801 driver
- OSS Lite driver for cards using the ForteMedia FM801 audio controller. The Genius Sound Maker Live card and the onboard audio in HP Workstation zx2000 have been tested. depreciated for kernel 2.6
Linux Sound and Video
- Linux Sound and Video methods and programs.
The Linux Ultra Sound Project
- This project is based on Jaroslav Kysela's new low-level driver for the Gravis UltraSound cards. The project is developed in Linux operating system (u*ix clone for i386/AXP/Sparc/...).
Loki | Development | SMPEG | SDL MPEG Player Library (SMPEG)
- SDL MPEG Player Library
Open Source Audio Library Project
- The OSALP is a C++ class library that includes everything one needs to build an audio application. It includes a powerful chaining concept so programmers can build an audio application by selecting the building blocks they need.
- An OSS driver that outputs to the JACK audio server.
Sound and MIDI Software For Linux
- This site has links to everything related to music on Linux. Also has links to programming documentation, sound repositories, and other sites.
- Sweep is a sound wave editor. It operates on files of various formats such as .wav, .aiff and .au, and has multiple undo/redo levels and filters.
- A realtime audio synthesizer that scratches on digitally sampled audio data (wav, au, and mp3) the way hiphop-DJs scratch on vinyl records.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 12, 2013 at 19:39:25 UTC -