become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hardware_Support/Booting
Computers: Software: Disk Management: Partition
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: BIOS
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Boot Managers
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Kernel
The Boot Process
- Selection of articles about booting x86 processors.
Daniel's NASM Bootstrap Tutorial
- A guide for those who want to create their own bootstraps, by Daniel Marjamäki.
- Getting the Boot, information about booting x86 computer systems.
From Power Up To Bash Prompt
- A brief description of what happens in a Linux system, from the time that you turn on the power, to the time that you log in and get a bash prompt.
Gujin boot/system loader
- Starts a PC from hard disk, CD-ROM, USB key, or floppy, and automatically detects operating systems and Linux kernels.
- Lilo mini-Howto for the boot loader software.
Master Boot Record Tut
- Part of the "How it works" series, which includes a disassembly of the MBR produced by the FDISK program.
tcron : ATX power crond
- Tcron integrates 'cron' with ATX power-up capability. It can invoke multiple cron jobs with power-up/shutdown a day.
- Talkware TIARA, an Openbios/GRUB/PFORTH composite, BIOS replacement. Boots an unmodifed linux kernel from an IDE drive or ethernet, using only 128kb of flash. Works with INTEL/AMD K6/2-450, SiS 530/5595 and 8139 enet. VGA and Serial console supported.
Writing a Boot Sector
- A brief explanation of the objective of a boot sector, followed by the source for an example sector.
Zaitcev's Linux Page
- Proll open source firmware replacement for Sun JavaStations to boot Linux (source, binaries), issues, swap over network. Also, other notes, Infiniband, X11 code, other patches, Barbie Camera toy code and links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 18, 2015 at 10:35:07 UTC -