become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tiny/Floppy_Sized
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Distributions: Live CD
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Distributions: Tiny: Embedded
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Hardware Support
- Home for AVD, SWIM and BootRoot which creates a two-disk Linux system. The lilo method creates a boot disk with lilo, a kernel and an initrd image; the root disk can contain either a gzip- or bzip2-compressed filesystem.
- A two floppies Linux distribution with a graphical web browser ("links" using svgalib) and an IRC client (rhapsody).
- Offers Grey Cat Linux, a small Linux distribution based on Slackware 3.5 and BasicLinux. It comes with the standard Linux/Unix utilities, and other software, like a browser, wordprocessor, IRC application and webserver. Run from hard disk or floppies.
- A tiny floppy distribution of Linux, set to fit on one floppy disk that is able to provide new Linux users with low-end machines (386) very useful set of networking related binaries and firewall tools.
- Fits one floppy, needs 386+ (needs no FPU), 8 MB RAM; runs fully in RAM; supports IDE hard disks, ATAPI CD-ROMs, filesystems Ext2, ISO 9660, VFAT; SCSI adapters, parallel zip drive, Ethernet cards by modules. English, German, Italian. Last updated 1998.
- Fits one floppy, supports many filesystems: 23, with all needed disklabels and broad write support: read-write-backup files from IDE, SCSI drives with many partition types: Apple, NTFS, VFAT, EXT2/3, RaiserFS. Useful for file/disk rescue.
The Linux-One-Disk-Svncviewer Floppy Disk (LODS)
- A one-floppy disk Linux system to run svncviewer without having to boot from hard disk.
- One floppy (3.5 inch) distribution, mainly to connect to the Internet from networked machines; bash, Links browser, FTP server, vi, ma mail client, free space at start of disk; links to other mini Linux distributions. English, Suomi.
- A floppy distro that turns an old, low-RAM, machine into a very useful serial terminal running minicom.
- Quickly converts PC to secure Linux system using SSH to connect to remote host; supports other networking clients, bootp to determine host IP and other network parameters; can be manually configured, but bootp preferred; works on systems with network cards (Arcnet, Ethernet), or modems (detects automatically, then makes PPP connection). English, Polska.
- a bootable floppy distribution containing tool (smartmontools) for monitoring IDE/SCSI hard disks (using Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology). It is based on uClibc, BusyBox and smartmontools.
tinfoil hat linux
- A secure single floppy linux. For the paranoid among us.
tomsrtbt home page
- The most Linux on one diskette!
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 25, 2013 at 22:11:31 UTC -