become an editor
the entire directory
only in Distributions/Tiny
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Distributions: Tiny
Rescue and Recovery
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Embedded
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Realtime: Linux
- For those new to Linux but with growth potential, graphic user interface. Many programs. Download, screenshots, CD-ROM, purchase option, support.
- Mini distribution runs in 4 MB RAM disk, good for older systems (i486). Descriptions, documents, FAQ, downloads.
- Mini-Linux, boots from HD, FD, CD; runs in 4 MB RAMdisk, based on Slackware 7.1, complete shell, easy editor, many useful utilities, well suited to Internet use: can dial ISP, browse Web, send/receive email, download files.
- Desktop Light distribution for old computers, from 486 to Pentium MMX 166; for desktop use: email clients, graphic Web browser, office suite with word processor, spreadsheet; full install, with XFree, development tools: ~300 MB.
- Tiny distribution based on alternative C library dietlibc by Felix von Leiter; Glibc is fully avoided; some of most important server daemons (DHCP, DNS) are working. Description, documents, downloads news.
- Distribution based on Slackware 7.0, 2.5 and 25 MB, minimal and fast to satisfy all basic needs. Descriptions, downloads, install instructions.
Small Linux distributions
- Links to small distributions that usually load from one or two floppies. Includes utilities for making small Linux distributions of your own.
Tiny Core Linux
- A nomadic, very small desktop capable of booting from CD-ROM, pendrive, or frugally from a hard drive. Screenshots, wiki, support forums and download links.
- Small distribution for older computers, installs via floppy, needs i386+, 8 MB RAM, 50 MB hard disk. Description, instructions, downloads, links, FAQs, stories, bug reports, program archive. [English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese]
- Small distribution for i386, derived from SuSE 6.4, base version contains only that needed to run Linux. Goal: small, clear system useful as start point for more developments, for desktop and embedded use. ~7MB.
- Made to give Linux community a base system to build their own system, based on individual needs and wants in an OS. Description, features, download.
- A small, fast, distribution for x86-compatible systems, based on Slackware. Includes small office/home applications as well as developer tools and server applications.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:35:06 PM EDT -