the entire directory
only in Linux/Distributions
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Companies: Resellers
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Companies: Software
This category in other languages:
- Includes project Wiki, bug tracking system and forums. Distribution has its own package management system, Pacman.
- A distribution 'designed for people who know what they're doing with Linux'. Documentation, developer information, source code, and bug tracker.
- Based on rPath Linux, aims to be a GNOME showcase. Service includes a download section, news beats, community support and contact information.
- Media-Center purposed Linux distribution for embedded devices and desktop computers.
- Distribution based on alternative directory hierarchy. Descriptions, news, downloads, mail list, documents, screenshots.
- Offers descriptions of the most popular distributions and gives links to download them.
- Source-based distribution based on a GPLed package management system named Sorcery; fork of Sorcerer GNU/Linux. Not a business. Developed and maintained by people who got together to preserve and extend technology they liked using.
- An open, mobile-optimized, core distribution aimed at device manufacturers; powered by Qt/QML and HTML5.
- Distribution based on encap package managing system for ease of installation and upgrades. The main purpose is to keep its creators happy and give them something to do in their free time.
- Provides a fully free version of Arch Linux, with no proprietary components of any kind. News, bug tracker, wiki, package database, mailing lists.
- Modern distribution with powerful auto-build process, mainly for skilled Linux/Unix administrators, runs on multiple platforms. Small, but not mini distribution.
- Source-based distribution based on a GPLed package management system named Sorcery, with metaphors of casting and dispelling programs to install and uninstall them.
- Small multiarchitecture distribution for power users.
- Makes YOPER (Your Operating System, Y Operating System, YOS) Linux, goal: fill the gap between technical Gentoo or Linux from source, and business or home users. Auckland, New Zealand.
Sun to Drop its Customized Linux
- Firm to phase out its custom Sun Linux and move instead to partner with Red Hat and other mainstream Linux firms, a strategy more aligned with other server competitors. [CNET News.com] (March 28, 2003)
Sun Eyes Alliances with Linux Rivals
- The firm is considering a shift from Sun Linux to partnerships with mainstream Linux sellers such as SuSE and Red Hat, as done by IBM, Dell Computer, Hewlett-Packard. [CNET News.com] (March 06, 2003)
Usenet comp.os.linux.misc -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 17, 2013 at 10:41:14 UTC -