become an editor
the entire directory
only in X11/Window_Managers
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Graphic Subsystems: Desktop Environments
This category in other languages:
Window Managers for X
- Guide to window managers for the X Window System. Descriptions, screenshots and configuration files for all popular window managers, along with related resources, including a news and discussion area.
- A minimalistic X11 window manager.
- Home of the distribution of applications for the AfterStep window manager.
- X window manager that tries to look and feel like Amiga Workbench.
B4Step Window Manager
- B4Step is a Window Manager running under X11R6 with a different way to manage window banners. It can use OpenGL routines for animations, is Gnome compliant and has also a sound support.
- A minimalistic window manager for the X Window System.
- Light window manager, without all those annoying library dependencies.
- A window manager based on Enlightenment Foundation Libraries.
- A minimalist Window Manager for the X Window System.
Fast Light Window Manager
- Derived from wm2. Source code and binaries available.
- A fast compact window manager based on the Blackbox, but offering more features.
Generic Window Manager Manual
- GWM is an X window manager you can program using LISP.
- Official site of GNUstep: free implementation of NeXTStep/OpenStep specification.
- A basic GUI windowing environment developed to support the Java programming language based on top of the X window system.
- Macintosh Like Virtual Window Manager.
Official AfterStep Development site
- Site dedicated to Development of the AfterStep Window Manager. Includes HTMLized sources, daily activity log, and TODOs.
- A standards compliant light-weight extensible window manager.
- A very minimalistic, but still fully configurable windowmanager.
- A good looking but lean windowmanager with support for dockapps, tabbed windows, automatic window manipulation, dynamic menus, key sequences.
Pie Menu Window Manager
- Minimal window manager that uses pie menus.
Ratpoison Window Manager
- A simple Window Manager with no fat library dependencies, no fancy graphics, no window decorations.
- An extensible window manager using a Lisp-based scripting language. All window decorations are configurable and all user-interface policy is controlled through the extension language. This is no layer on top of twm, but a wholly new architecture.
- Scheme Constraints/Configurable Window Manager. A window manager with a powerful dynamic configuration language based on Guile Scheme.
Small Window Manager
- Minimal window manager intended for use with small screen sizes.
The Stump Window Manager
- A tiling, keyboard driven X11 Window Manager written entirely in Common Lisp.
- A virtual window manager for the X Window System. It is based on twm, and can be used just like twm. It provides multiple virtual screens, a 3D look, and lots of neat features.
Window Manager Icons Distribution
- a project to provide an efficient configurable icon distribution
- A small and simple window manager of novel design.
- Really minimal window manager
- A window manager for X. It's based on wm2, but it's intended to provide a vehicle for features that fall outside the scope of the manifesto for the original wm2.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 4, 2015 at 5:59:24 UTC -