become an editor
the entire directory
only in Desktop_Environments/Archy
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Graphic Subsystems: Desktop Environments: Archy
Computers: Open Source: Software: Editors
Computers: Programming: Languages: Python
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Object-Oriented
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Open Source
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Persistent
- Clear description of Archy (was THE), divided into interface components. [Wikipedia]
The Humane Interface: New Directions for Designing Interactive Systems
- By Jef Raskin; Addison-Wesley, 2000, ISBN 0201379376. Guide to interactive system design, reflects author experience and vision, shows many extant interfaces are dead ends, making computers easier to use needs new approaches. [publisher website]
In Appreciation of Jef Raskin
- Brief praise of Raskin, and critique of Archy zooming interface, with references, by usability expert Don Norman who was at Apple with Raskin, during the early years.
Jef Raskin's Humane Environment
- SourceForge site, with description, download, bug reports, some old news.
ACM - Ubiquity: Crafting a Revolution
- Interview of Aza Raskin on THE (Archy), and his father Jef. (July 27, 2004)
Raleigh News & Observer: Keeping Interface Simple
- Summary of newspaper story, useful forum comments. [Linux Today] (February 20, 2003)
THE Key to User-Friendly Computers?
- By Alex Salkever. Raskin helped design Apple's classic user interface. He is working on a new system that could be a big improvement. Brief accessible analysis. [BusinessWeek] (January 22, 2003)
The Humane Environment
- Brief news story, and forum comments in great abundance, more than usual. Many varied opinions. [Slashdot] (December 27, 2002)
The Humane Environment
- Brief announcement of first THE (Archy) release, with over 50 forum comments. [OSNews.com] (December 26, 2002)
The Humane Interface
- Book review of The Human Interface: New Directions for Interface Design, by Jef Raskin, and the usual mass of forum comments. Many varied opinions. [Slashdot] (May 12, 2001)
osOpinion: Raskin on 'Raskin on OS X'
- Summary of newspaper story, useful forum comments. [Linux Today] (February 09, 2001)
Down With GUIs
- By Jef Raskin. Article stressing that GUIs are not human-compatible. As long as we hang on to interfaces as we now know them, computers will remain inherently frustrating, upsetting, stressful. [Wired 1.06] (December 01, 1993)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 30, 2013 at 15:57:10 UTC -