the entire directory
only in Graphic_Subsystems/Desktop_Environments
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Graphic Subsystems: Desktop Environments
This category in other languages:
Alternative Linux Desktop Environment
- Provides C++/Java application framework.
- Extends Windows desktop to support true objects (can be anything) instead of passive icons, use one by one, or mix together to form themes; build your own desktop interface, even if not a programmer. [Stardock Corporation, Inc.]
EDE - Equinox Desktop Environment
- Main goals of this project are simplicity, speed, minimal memory usage (if possible), good look and fell and stability. That does not mean it will be for 8086. It's FLTK-based.
- Lightweight desktop environment, uses Fox multiplatform C++ widget set. [Open Source, LGPL]
The GUI Gallery
- Surprisingly large and thorough Graphical User Interface list, with timeline, screenshots, downloads, links. Very useful resource for students of computer interfaces.
- A lightweight X11 desktop environment. Site contains documentation, blog, wiki and forum.
- A fork of GNOME 2, aims to preserve the classic desktop metaphor. Documentation, installation instructions, support forum.
The Definitive Desktop Environment Comparison
- Compares UI and usability of several desktop environments (DEs) that are widely used, admired, reviled: Windows XP Luna, BeOS 6 (Dano/Zeta), Mac OS X Aqua, Unix KDE and GNOME. Large article with many forum comments. [OSNews.com] (March 17, 2003)
Hooray for Bluecurve
- Article praises, analyses Red Hat's new user interface in their Linux 8.0. [Linux Review] (December 03, 2002)
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:41:25 PM EST -