become an editor
the entire directory
only in WinRefunds/News_and_Media
News and Media
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Licensing: Microsoft: WinRefunds: News and Media
:Windows Refund Madness
- Story regarding a group attempting to get a refund from Microsoft for unused copies of Windows which came with their computers.
BBC: Windows refund day dawns
- "Windows may be on more than 90 per cent of the world's Personal Computers, but a growing campaign takes to the streets on Monday to keep the Microsoft Operating System (OS) in its box."
CNET News.com: Group of PC users wants Windows refund
- Describes refund campaign; terms EULA clause a "loophole".
CNN: Interactive: Windows license opens door for Linux refund
- Reprint of 99-1-21 LinuxWorld piece.
Group seeks refunds for bundled versions of Windows (CNN.com)
- A group that is rallying Linux, BeOS, BSD, OS/2, and NetWare users to demand a refund on Feb. 15 because of the end user license agreement wording.
Linux Weekly News: Monday, February 15, is Windows refund day
- "... it is a bit disappointing that there are not more organized groups out there."
Linux Weekly News: The Windows refund movement is snowballing
- Discusses WinRefund Movement on bottom 1/8 of page one; or near the top of the 1-big-page LWN.
The Mac Observer--Get A Refund On Windows If You Don't Use It
- Brief article regarding computer owners who are attempting to get refunds for unused copies of Windows preinstalled on their computers.
Network World: Kearn's column: Get rid of Windows, and get your money back!
- Describes one user who read the EULA and found a way to get refunded for an operating system he wouldn't use.
NY Times: Linux Users Going Straight to Microsoft
- Second of 3 short articles on one page.
San Jose Mercury News: Mark your calendars
- 8th item from top.
Slashdot: Refund for Windows action
- Further commentary from the early stages of the movement.
Wired News: Geeks to MS: We Don't Do Windows
- Coverage of the Microsoft Refund Day event, by an on-the-spot reporter.
ZDNet: Linux users to MS: We want our refund
- A brief article on northern California Linux users who plan to rally at company's office to "present a calm and polite, but firm, request for [a] refund."
Slashdot: Australian Linux User Gets Windows Refund
- Links to an article on the individual whose refund made it into the press, and early discussion of the larger refunds project. (January 18, 1999)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 15, 2012 at 14:35:05 UTC -