become an editor
the entire directory
only in Log_Analysis/Articles
Computers: Internet: Searching: Search Engines: Robots
Combining ethnographic and clickstream data to identify user Web browsing strategies
- This paper describes a novel approach that combines data from direct observation, user surveys and server logs to analyse users' browsing behaviour.
Configure Web Logs in Apache
- Explains improving traffic analysis by configuring Apache logs.
- Content focusing on relationship marketing and customer loyalty through database marketing and interactive metrics. Emphasis on ROI, LTV, RFM and their link together, with a special attention to modeling, CRM, and database marketing techniques.
Extended Log File Format
- W3C's description of the Extended Log File Format. Most flexible of the log formats
Measuring Web Site Traffic - Computerworld
- Describes both do-it-yourself and companies which help analyze site logs.
Web Watchers - Computerworld
- A roundup of skills, training and salary information for Web data analysts.
Website Publisher - Traffic Analysis Primer
- Primer on traffic analysis covers types of tracking programs and uses for the information they provide.
XML.com: What Is Web Analytics
- Eric Petersen has put together a guide to web analytics resources, from the books that should be read to the tools to use. Eric is the author of Web Site Measurements Hacks.
Dr. Dobbs: NetIQ WebTrends Reporting Center 5.0, Enterprise Edition
- Review of WebTrends, with mention of other tools. (December 01, 2002)
Vital Web Stats — And More
- Review by eWeek Labs of two products that provide high-level analysis and reporting but take very different approaches: WebTrends Reporting Center 5.0 and SiteCatalyst. (August 26, 2002)
Web Site Checkup
- Far from moribund, Web analytics offerings provide a wide variety of analysis, reporting capabilities. eWeek. (August 26, 2002)
Web Analysis Tools in Transition
- With big intelligence software vendors moving into their turf, Web analytics companies must evolve or die. (August 13, 2002)
Tracking Users: What Marketers Really Want to Know
- An overview of web traffic analysis techniques, from log file analysis to real-time feeds from packet sniffing monitors. (July 01, 1999)
IAB: Metrics and Methodology
- The IAB Media Measurement Task Force provides the standards the net uses for measurement. (September 15, 1997)
Customising Your Logfiles
- Tutorial from: Apache Week (February 07, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 4, 2014 at 18:32:53 UTC -