become an editor
the entire directory
only in Servers/Usenet
Computers: Internet: Protocols: NNTP
Computers: Software: Internet: Clients: Usenet
Computers: Usenet: Feed Services
This category in other languages:
- A simple news server for Linux, meant to be used as an internal server.
- Open source newsfeeding and newsreading software. Runs on most flavours of Unix.
- Usenet NNTP news server for most flavours of Unix, as well as Win9x/NT. Handles full newsfeeds while conserving system resources. Can use Suck feed option. Anti-spam features. Academic licensing also available.
Ftp.tin.org: Server Software Repository
- Hosts several Usenet server packages including Leafnode, C news, Diablo and INN, and also very old applications like A news and B news for historical purposes.
- Free newsserver and mailserver software for single computers and small family or company networks. Developed from the same source as Hamster Classic. Source available. [Windows]
Hamster with news.individual.net
- Short tutorial with screenshots on the configuration and use of Hamster with individual.net news server. May also be helpful for other servers.
- Offering several products for discussion software: Cyclone News Router, Typhoon News Server and Twister Discussion Server. All products run on a Unix/Linux/Solaris type of operating system.
INN: The InterNetNews Package
- Complete open source Usenet system. De facto standard for handling news routing, news spool and serving the spool to customers. Available for various versions of Unix from the Internet Software Consortium. How-To's and mailing lists.
- Easy to use, open source, IPv6-capable NNTP news proxy for Unix/Linux systems, designed for small networks.
Mib Software NewsrA+e
- A subscription service to measure how well your newsserver is receiving articles. Benchmark against other servers to determine whether you are receiving and delivering "full feed" Usenet content in the groups you carry.
- Usenet News cache server for Unix. Distributed under the GNU Public license. Reduces required network bandwidth of the news server. Multiplexes between different news servers and allows offline news reading.
- A multithreaded NNTP transport designed to transfer Usenet articles as quickly as possible between a local server and multiple remote servers, with score-based killfiles. Open source software, supports INN, s-news and sn.
- The only carrier-class news router for Windows NT. Freely available and redistributable. Also available from the same authors is the freely available news server program "Tortoise" for Windows NT.
- Open source news server written in Python. Its main objective is to integrate existing web based message board software, like Phorum which is supported, with a Usenet front-end.
- Freely available news spool server for Windows NT, based on the NNTPRelay program from the same authors.
Wikipedia: News Server
- Presentation of news servers and explanation of differences between transit, reader and hybrid (also called "sucking" or cache) servers.
Usenet hamster.en.misc -
Usenet news.software.nntp -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 13:24:05 UTC -