become an editor
the entire directory
only in Application/Open_Source
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Internet: Servers: Application: Open Source
Computers: Open Source: Software
Computers: Programming: Internet: Server Side Scripting
Computers: Programming: Languages: Perl: Web
Computers: Programming: Languages: Python: Modules: Web
Computers: Software: Internet: Site Management: Content Management: Open Source
- XML Application Server for Apache. Provides on-the-fly conversion from XML to any format, such as HTML, WAP or text using either W3C standard techniques, or custom code. AxKit also uses a built-in Perl interpreter to provide for XML transformation.
- An open source implementation by ObjectWeb of the EJB3 container specification
- Java-based application server with XML features, licensed under BSD-like license
- Servlet API 2.1 servlet container. It provides HTTP/1.1 compliance and has an easy to use admin interface. [Open Source, GPL]
The iChilli mobile J2EE platform
- Provides a J2EE compliant runtime environment for both server and mobile platforms, such as J2ME, MIDP or other CLDC based devices (e.g. runs on the PersonalJava enabled Sharp Zaurus and Compaq's iPAQ).
The Jellybean Object Web Server
- A Perl-based application server modeled after Zope.
JOnAS (Java Open Application Server)
- Distributed platform compliant with the EJB specifications [MPL-like license]
- XML/XSLT processor utilizing Apache and mod_python.
- XML-compliant templating solution for PHP
- Contains documentation and information regarding this application server, message oriented middleware and transaction processing monitor. [GNU GPL]
- An inversion of Control implementation that focuses on dependency injection into methods rather than into objects and improves on existing dependency injection frameworks.
- Open Source Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) Container System and Server. [BSD-style license]
- Java-based framework for portal applications, providing API's and ready-to-use tools for pages, portlets, user management, content management, collaboration and community services. (LGPL)
- OpenThought is a Web application engine. Designed to create pages that communicate with web server from DHTML using XML to update portions of page rather than requiring entire page reloads.
PHPAppl - PHP Application Server
- PHP-based project geared toward creating web-development environment for non-programmers. Plans to allow web-interface to predefined modules for forums, yellow pages, and news.
- Web server and application server which includes support for RXML, a tag-based language for constructing dynamic content. Allows tag plugins to be written in Pike.
- An SDK for developing and running scalable, efficient, and uniformly configured & executed server programs in Linux.
- An open source, easily extensible, high performance application server, written in Python.
- Open-source Web application server environment in which Web-database applications can be developed completely in an extended HTML language. Similar to ColdFusion.
WebWare for Python
- A suite of software components for developing object-oriented, web-based applications. [Open Source, Python license]
O'Reilly Network: JSP vs. XSP [Feb. 22, 2001]
- Sue Spielman looks at JSP and XSP to help you decide which is right for your development needs. (February 22, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2013 at 21:12:12 UTC -