become an editor
the entire directory
only in Servers/Address_Management
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Internet: Servers: Address Management
Computers: Internet: Domain Names: Parking
Computers: Internet: Protocols: DNS
This category in other languages:
- Finds reserved, on-hold and available variations of domain names. Detailed list of features, free trial version, FAQ. [Windows]
Cisco: Network Registrar
- A scalable DNS server. Free trial version, FAQ, technical documentation. [Windows]
- Domain Name System tools, links, and tips. [Unix]
- DNS and DHCP management products and solutions.
GnuDIP Dynamic DNS
- Implements a Dynamic IP DNS service, provides client machines with a static DNS name even if their IP address is dynamically assigned.
- The developer's site for the Berkeley Internet Name Daemon at the Internet Software Consortium.
Internet Software Consortium
- Non-profit corporation dedicated to developing and maintaining production quality open source reference implementations of core Internet protocols. BIND is available here for free.
- A pure java DNS client implementation. It consists of a library and utilities for looking up the Internet domain names. The utilities are also able to fetch an entire domain zone and save it in the standard DNS zone file format.
Life with djbdns
- Examples and howtos for djbdns.
Linux NIS(YP) Server and Tools
- The Network Information Service (NIS) provides a simple network lookup service consisting of databases and processes. It was formerly known as Sun Yellow Pages (YP).
- A public-domain, open source Domain Name Server which offers both authoritative and caching features. Its main goals are security and simplicity.
Men and Mice
- Provider of integrated DNS, DHCP and IP address management solutions. Site includes details of products, and the support, training and consulting services available.
Microsoft: Windows 2000 Server
- Documentation and support for this product. Service packs and updates available.
- Dynamic DNS server suite, supports static DNS, too.
- A free DNS server for Unix that serves records directly from a MySQL database.
Power Domain Name Server
- PowerDNS is a non-BIND nameserver based on open-source and proprietary software.
PowerDNS on Rails
- Ruby on Rails based web application for managing PowerDNS databases, through the PowerDNS generic MySQL/PostgreSQL backend.
- A free GPL licensed DNS and DHCP management system. Includes a detailed presentation, screenshots and documentation.
- Offers a suite of DNS products: name server, DNS caching, DNSSEC key management and zone signing, server management.
Simple DNS Plus
- Free trial version, screenshots, client testimonials, FAQ, tutorials. Also provides a Web-based DNS lookup tool.[Windows]
The Manual Page: DHCP-DNS
- Free Perl package that allows dynamic DNS update using your DHCP server. GPL license. News, and a glossary of relevant technical terms.
- A validating, recursive, and caching DNS server software product distributed in open source form under the BSD license. [Unix]
- Provides information, tutorials, and downloads for mysqlBind/unxsBind/iDNS GPL DNS management software.
Usenet comp.protocols.dns.bind -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 8, 2013 12:14:34 PM EDT -