become an editor
the entire directory
only in Internet/Network_Management
DHCP and IPAM
IP Utilities Windows
Networking Mac OS X
Proxying and Filtering
Business: Information Technology: Services
Computers: Hardware: Systems: Kiosks
Computers: Software: Networking: Network Management
Computers: Software: System Management
This category in other languages:
- Syslog daemon for Windows 2000 through 2012. Can write to flat ASCII files, OBDC databases and NT event log. Supports RFC 3164 and RFC 3195.
- System automation software for Windows. Automate can watch servers and workstations for a variety of events and respond with a visually designed, automated task.
- Provides IT service management (ITSM) consulting services, including data center automation with centralized provisioning, policy-based configuration management, and automated compliance.
Castle Rock Computing
- Windows based distributed management software. Monitor and manage SNMP agents, WEB, Email, FTP, and other network services.
Check The Network
- Offers services for network diagramming and documentation writing. Makes IP-based add-ons for Excel, supporting ping, nslookup, TCP port scanning, and SSL certificate checking.
Cisco Prime LMS
- Cisco's end-to-end network monitoring and management suite.
- Log management and security correlation server suite with Web-based system message aggregation. Uses SNMP and Syslog.
- An open-source multi-router traffic grapher (MRTG) with time-series trend monitoring. Includes both the collecting and the graphing component.
- Provides OEM software for IP and web environments, including SNMP agents.
- Network management platform includes FCAPS, provisioning, policy management and element management for a wide range of network components and end-user equipment.
- Offers tools for remote power-management, remote audit, remote registry edit, wake-on-LAN, malware detection, and agentless software/hardware inventory.
- Commercial network monitors and analyzers for Mac and Windows.
- A network flow analyzer, offering monitoring, anomaly detection, and forensic analysis. Includes a tool for NetFlow exporting.
- Chinese company that provides integrated Internet Network Resource Management Applications Services to customers with local and global view.
IBM Tivoli NetView
- NetView discovers TCP/IP networks, displays network topologies, correlates and manages events and SNMP traps, monitors network health, and gathers performance data.
- Listens to network traffic on a named interface and displays a table of current bandwidth usage by pairs of hosts. Requires libpcap and libcurses.
- Provides a monitoring service platform for Web servers, networks, applications, processes, and databases (local or cloud). Handles all configuration, administration, customization, and ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
- Provides provisioning for DOCSIS, PacketCable, SIP, TR-069, service activation, network analytics, DNS, and IPAM for service providers.
- Expands your standard windows printing capabilities. This network printing solution is a pc-based tcp/ip print client for windows platforms.
- InterMapper is an early-warning system that alerts an administrator to problems with their network servers and IP and AppleTalk networks.
Kiwi Syslog Daemon
- Windows Syslog Daemon: receives, filters, logs, displays and forwards Syslog messages and SNMP traps. Freeware and service versions available.
- Offers solutions for end-to-end LAN and WAN performance monitoring, including server, remote-site, and application management. Supports serial, TL-1, TBOS, discrete IO, SNMP, and automated redundancy.
- Tools for SNMP and Syslog based network monitoring, network access control (NAC), data loss prevention (DLP), asset inventory, and configuration management.
LBNL's Network Research Group
- Source for tcpdump, libpcap, and traceroute.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports log data. Includes built-in statistics, supports templates, and performs correlation. Exports in CSV, XLS, PDF or HTML. Hosts a SOAP-based API.
- Syslog and SNMP event viewer services and software for centralized network event and problem management. Supports suspicious behavior detection, forensic analysis, and correlation.
- Storage device monitoring solution for fabric switches, storage arrays, tape libraries, hosts, and HBAs.
- A tool to monitor the traffic load on network-links. Raw data collected via SNMP.
MTR Network Management Tool
- Combines traceroute and ping into a single network diagnostic tool.
NetIQ AppManager Suite
- for centrally monitoring the performance and availability of distributed Windows NT systems and server applications such as Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, IIS, Lotus Domino, Citrix WinFrame/MetaFrame and Oracle.
- Produces network availability monitoring software providing node status statistics, hardware inventory, log collection, MPLS provisioning, a Web interface, and alerting via SMS, email, trap, or Syslog.
- Benchmark tool that can be used to measure the performance of many different types of networking
- Agent-based or agentless network and systems management product providing in and out of band management with fault tolerance and full audit trail.
- Offers utilities for network/port scanning, visual netstat, packet crafting, traceroute, whois, routing table management, IPv4 device connectivity monitoring, and switch port mapping.
- Management suite having node discovery with automated visual diagramming, custom task creation, device monitoring, compliance reporting, and a Syslog server.
Network Management Information System (NMIS)
- Public domain network management tool which provides fault and performance management.
- Offers tools for traffic monitoring, subnet scanning, reverse tunneling, and TCP/UDP port forwarding with SNMP trap relay.
- Offers a managed services platform handling patches, endpoint security, remote desktop, and system resources. Provides offsite network support.
- Agent-based network inventory scanner. Scans by domain, workgroup, or IP address range. Monitors various hardware and software stats. Supports database export of results.
- A Unix tool that shows the network usage, similar to what the popular top Unix command does.
- A company which provides efficient QoS products for IP networks.
Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Solutions for clouds, databases, hardware, applications, and virtualization.
- Otter is a CAIDA tool for visualizing arbitrary network data that can be expressed as a set of nodes, links or paths.
Remote Print Manager LPD Server
- Network management for Mainframe to PC printing and desktop printing. Manage TCP/IP, network, and remote printing.
- Open-source replacement for syslogd, supporting TCP, SSL, TLS, and RELP while interfacing with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
- Develops Web-focused application delivery software. Includes load balancing, acceleration, and offloading, with a primary focus on e-commerce.
- Produces log monitoring software, including a Windows-based Syslog server, an event-log-to-Syslog converter, and SNMP tools.
- Solutions for fault management, root cause analysis, event correlation, network topology map-building and customization, performance reporting, troubleshooting, and distributed network management.
Tek-Tips: Network Associates
- Technical support forums and mutual help system for computer professionals. Selling and recruiting forbidden.
- Apps for agentless network inventory, IP and MAC address scanning, and ODBC database monitoring.
- Software to monitor the content of network activity, blocking and reporting to management possible unauthorized access to, or transfer of, sensitive data, such as intellectual property.
- Carrier-class management framework and SNMP library supporting topology mapping, fault handling, and network provisioning. Provides performance and security policy management, in addition to network simulation.
- Offers server, network, and application monitoring software and services supporting Cisco, Juniper, Brocade SAN Switches, Brocade (Foundry) IP Switches, CheckPoint, Citrix NetScaler, F5, and Nortel.
- Provides distributed network monitoring and management software and services, including support for performance monitoring and application monitoring.
Usenet comp.dcom.net-management -
Usenet comp.protocols.snmp -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 22, 2014 at 13:52:27 UTC -