become an editor
the entire directory
only in Internet/Network_Management
DHCP and IPAM
IP Utilities Windows
Networking Mac OS X
Proxying and Filtering
Business: Information Technology: Services
Computers: Hardware: Systems: Kiosks
Computers: Software: Networking: Network Management
Computers: Software: Networking: Network Performance: RMON and SNMP
Computers: Software: System Management
This category in other languages:
- Syslog daemon for Windows 9x, NT and 2000. Can write to flat ascii files, odbc databases and NT event log.
- System automation software for Windows. Automate can watch servers and workstations for a variety of events and respond with a visually designed, automated task.
- Provides IT service management (ITSM) consulting services, including data center automation with centralized provisioning, policy-based configuration management, and automated compliance.
Castle Rock Computing
- Windows based distributed management software. Monitor and manage SNMP agents, WEB, Email, FTP, and other network services.
Check The Network
- Offers services for network diagramming and documentation writing. Makes IP-based add-ons for Excel, supporting ping, nslookup, TCP port scanning, and SSL certificate checking.
Cisco Prime LMS
- Cisco's end-to-end network monitoring and management suite.
- Log management and security correlation server suite with Web-based system message aggregation. Uses SNMP and Syslog.
- An open-source multi-router traffic grapher (MRTG) with time-series trend monitoring. Includes both the collecting and the graphing component.
- Provides OEM software for IP and web environments, including SNMP agents.
- Network management platform includes FCAPS, provisioning, policy management and element management for a wide range of network components and end-user equipment.
- Commercial network monitors and analyzers for Mac and Windows.
- A network flow analyzer, offering monitoring, anomaly detection, and forensic analysis. Includes a tool for NetFlow exporting.
- Chinese company that provides integrated Internet Network Resource Management Applications Services to customers with local and global view.
- A commercial management package.
IBM Tivoli NetView
- NetView discovers TCP/IP networks, displays network topologies, correlates and manages events and SNMP traps, monitors network health, and gathers performance data. Tivoli NetView meets the needs of managers of large networks by providing the scalability and flexibility to manage mission-critical environments.
- Listens to network traffic on a named interface and displays a table of current bandwidth usage by pairs of hosts. Requires libpcap and libcurses.
- Provides a monitoring service platform for Web servers, networks, applications, processes, and databases (local or cloud). Handles all configuration, administration, customization, and ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
- Providing DNS, DHCP, TFTP, ToD and IP management solutions for enterprises, hosting providers, and broadband service providers.
- Expands your standard windows printing capabilities. This network printing solution is a pc-based tcp/ip print client for windows platforms.
- InterMapper is an early-warning system that alerts an administrator to problems with their network servers and IP and AppleTalk networks.
Kiwi Syslog Daemon
- Windows Syslog Daemon: receives, filters, logs, displays and forwards Syslog messages and SNMP traps. Freeware and service versions available.
- Offers solutions for end-to-end LAN and WAN performance monitoring, including server, remote-site, and application management. Supports serial, TL-1, TBOS, discrete IO, SNMP, and automated redundancy.
- Tools for SNMP and Syslog based network monitoring, network access control (NAC), data loss prevention (DLP), asset inventory, and configuration management.
LBNL's Network Research Group
- Source for tcpdump, libpcap, and traceroute.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports log data. Includes built-in statistics, supports templates, and performs correlation. Exports in CSV, XLS, PDF or HTML. Hosts a SOAP-based API.
- Syslog and SNMP event viewer services and software for centralized network event and problem management. Supports suspicious behavior detection, forensic analysis, and correlation.
- Storage device monitoring solution for fabric switches, storage arrays, tape libraries, hosts, and HBAs.
- A tool to monitor the traffic load on network-links. Raw data collected via SNMP.
MTR Network Management Tool
- Combines traceroute and ping into a single network diagnostic tool.
NetIQ AppManager Suite
- for centrally monitoring the performance and availability of distributed Windows NT systems and server applications such as Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, IIS, Lotus Domino, Citrix WinFrame/MetaFrame and Oracle.
- Produces network availability monitoring software providing node status statistics, hardware inventory, log collection, MPLS provisioning, a Web interface, and alerting via SMS, email, trap, or Syslog.
- Benchmark tool that can be used to measure the performance of many different types of networking
- Agent-based or agentless network and systems management product providing in and out of band management with fault tolerance and full audit trail.
- Offers utilities for network/port scanning, visual netstat, packet crafting, traceroute, whois, routing table management, IPv4 device connectivity monitoring, and switch port mapping.
- Management suite having node discovery with automated visual diagramming, custom task creation, device monitoring, compliance reporting, and a Syslog server.
Network Management Information System (NMIS)
- Public domain network management tool which provides fault and performance management.
- Offers a managed services platform handling patches, endpoint security, remote desktop, and system resources. Provides offsite network support.
- Agent-based network inventory scanner. Scans by domain, workgroup, or IP address range. Monitors various hardware and software stats. Supports database export of results.
- A Unix tool that shows the network usage, similar to what the popular top Unix command does.
- A company which provides efficient QoS products for IP networks.
Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Solutions for clouds, databases, hardware, applications, and virtualization.
- Otter is a new CAIDA tool for visualizing arbitrary network data that can be expressed as a set of nodes, links or paths
Remote Print Manager LPD Server
- Network management for Mainframe to PC printing and desktop printing. Manage TCP/IP, network, and remote printing.
- Open-source replacement for syslogd, supporting TCP, SSL, TLS, and RELP while interfacing with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
- Develops Web-focused application delivery software. Includes load balancing, acceleration, and offloading, with a primary focus on e-commerce.
- Produces log monitoring software, including a Windows-based Syslog server, an event-log-to-Syslog converter, and SNMP tools.
- Solutions for fault management, root cause analysis, event correlation, network topology map-building and customization, performance reporting, troubleshooting, and distributed network management.
- TCP dump file analysis tool
Tek-Tips: Network Associates
- Technical support forums and mutual help system for computer professionals. Selling and recruiting forbidden.
- Apps for agentless network inventory, IP and MAC address scanning, and ODBC database monitoring.
- Software to monitor the content of network activity, blocking and reporting to management possible unauthorized access to, or transfer of, sensitive data, such as intellectual property.
- Carrier-class management framework and SNMP library supporting topology mapping, fault handling, and network provisioning. Provides performance and security policy management, in addition to network simulation.
- Offers server, network, and application monitoring software and services supporting Cisco, Juniper, Brocade SAN Switches, Brocade (Foundry) IP Switches, CheckPoint, Citrix NetScaler, F5, and Nortel.
- Provides distributed network monitoring and management software and services, including support for performance monitoring and application monitoring.
Usenet comp.dcom.net-management -
Usenet comp.protocols.snmp -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 26, 2014 at 21:37:10 UTC -