become an editor
the entire directory
only in Feed_Readers/Windows
Active Web Reader
- Free aggregator. Supports RSS feed formats 0.9x, 1.x and 2.x. Requires Internet Explorer 6 or higher.
- A .NET based open-source application for reading RSS feeds. Supports RSS versions 0.91, 0.92, 0.93, 0.94, 1.0, and 2.0.
- Feed reader with integrated scheduler for automatic aggregation. Commercial application.
- RSS client allowing monitoring of a variety of news sites and weblogs. Using plugin architecture, can also be customized to monitor databases, and email accounts.
- A utility that rotates desktop wallpaper while displaying RSS or Atom feeds on the desktop.
CITA RSS Aggregator
- Free full function aggregator that can also deliver bittorrents. Can access feeds secured by user ID and password. Includes tool to remove adverts from feeds. Requires .NET Framework.
- Freeware application that delivers a variety of content to the desktop, including RSS news feeds, via talking agent characters.
EffNews RSS Reader
- A minimalist RSS reader (not aggregator) for Windows. The reader is shipped as part of the effbot.exe application framework - a freely available Python library that includes a tolerant RSS parser and an asynchronous HTTP client module.
- Feed reader with extensive search and archive functionality. Also handles podcasts.
- A free portable RSS feed reader and news aggregator. Offers a no-nonsense Outlook Express-like user interface.
- Popular feed reader with Google Reader Synchronization.
- An RSS Reader for Windows. It supports "river-of-news" reading, tagging, instant search, link blogs, and synchronization.
- Small RSS/Atom feed aggregator for Windows 2000/XP.
- Open-source aggregator that supports RSS and Atom formats. Runs under Windows 95 and later versions.
- Syndicated news reader which supports all flavours of RSS as well as Atom.
Fuzzy Duck RSS Reader
- Reads RDF, RSS and Atom formatted XML news feeds.
- Supports all major RSS feed formats; integrates with Bloglines.
- Shareware newsreader client for Windows.
- Aggregator reads both RSS feeds and non-RSS based news sources.
- News aggregator that runs in Microsoft Outlook. Site features product overview, online tutorial and trial download.
- A freeware RSS feed and web news reader that can speak headlines.
- Provides access to news content from several sources, including XML, RSS, Usenet, and the Web.
- A heavily featured desktop newsreader which can also scrape non-RSS sites.
- Freeware RSS reader with support for multiple users. Supports import/export of OPML channel lists and has skinable user interface.
- RSS/Atom feed reader, newsgroup reader and Web bookmark manager. Features include searches, categorization, flagging, annotations, clippings and notifications. Requires .NET Framework. [Windows 2000/XP/2003].
- Application for collecting, organizing and sharing RSS feeds. Integrated with Internet Explorer and Office.
Online News Screensaver
- Get the latest news and weather forecast delivered right to your computer screen with this screensaver.
- Opera is a fully functional browser with built-in support for RSS and Atom newsfeeds. Supports voice command when working on Windows XP systems.
- Very simple RSS/RDF reader with simple interface and small memory footprint. [Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP]
Really Simple Aggregator
- A simple feed aggregator for Windows. It notifies the user of new feed items through system tray balloon tips.
Royal RSS Reader
- Reader that supports Atom feeds as well as RSS 0.91, 0.92, 1.0 and 2.0 .
- A free desktop news aggregator for Windows built on the .NET Framework.
- A configurable RSS feed reader. Supports all versions of RSS and has an audible alert for new messages.
- A free news aggregator for Outlook. Allows reading of RSS/RDF/Atom feeds in Outlook.
- RSS2Exchange allows you to publish your very own industry specific news pages directly into MS Exchange Public Folders.
- RssFeedEater is a RSS Reader for Windows. It can gather information from sites that offer syndicated contents (RSS or ATOM) and presents them in a hierarchical interface.
- Free RSS reader is able to display any RSS news feed. Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.
- Full-featured RSS reader featuring saved searches and a blogging tool. No longer supported.
- Three-pane RSS Aggregator for the .NET framework.
- RSS Feed Reader for Windows. Includes Feed keyword search features.
- Allows visitors to keep up-to-date with sources of information that support the RSS protocol. Requires .NET Framework 1.1.
- A free newsreader and podcast receiver: 4 different visual modes, popup notifier, download scheduling and queuing.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 26, 2015 at 12:52:16 UTC -