become an editor
the entire directory
only in Feed_Readers/Windows
Active Web Reader
- Free aggregator. Supports RSS feed formats 0.9x, 1.x and 2.x. Requires Internet Explorer 6 or higher.
- A .NET based open-source application for reading RSS feeds. Supports RSS versions 0.91, 0.92, 0.93, 0.94, 1.0, and 2.0.
- Feed reader with integrated scheduler for automatic aggregation. Commercial application.
- RSS client allowing monitoring of a variety of news sites and weblogs. Using plugin architecture, can also be customized to monitor databases, and email accounts.
- A utility that rotates desktop wallpaper while displaying RSS or Atom feeds on the desktop.
CITA RSS Aggregator
- Free full function aggregator that can also deliver bittorrents. Can access feeds secured by user ID and password. Includes tool to remove adverts from feeds. Requires .NET Framework.
- A free desktop RSS/RDF aggregator application for .NET.
- Freeware application that delivers a variety of content to the desktop, including RSS news feeds, via talking agent characters.
EffNews RSS Reader
- A minimalist RSS reader (not aggregator) for Windows. The reader is shipped as part of the effbot.exe application framework - a freely available Python library that includes a tolerant RSS parser and an asynchronous HTTP client module.
- Feed reader with extensive search and archive functionality. Also handles podcasts.
- A free portable RSS feed reader and news aggregator. Offers a no-nonsense Outlook Express-like user interface.
- Popular feed reader with Google Reader Synchronization.
- An RSS Reader for Windows. It supports "river-of-news" reading, tagging, instant search, link blogs, and synchronization.
- Small RSS/Atom feed aggregator for Windows 2000/XP.
- Open-source aggregator that supports RSS and Atom formats. Runs under Windows 95 and later versions.
- Syndicated news reader which supports all flavours of RSS as well as Atom.
Fuzzy Duck RSS Reader
- Reads RDF, RSS and Atom formatted XML news feeds.
- Supports all major RSS feed formats; integrates with Bloglines.
- Shareware newsreader client for Windows.
- Turns Microsoft Outlook into a feedreader for both RSS and Atom. Allows for smart grouping, searching, filtering and archiving of news items and weblog posts.
- Aggregator reads both RSS feeds and non-RSS based news sources.
- News aggregator that runs in Microsoft Outlook. Site features product overview, online tutorial and trial download.
- A freeware RSS feed and web news reader that can speak headlines.
- Provides access to news content from several sources, including XML, RSS, Usenet, and the Web.
- A news aggregator that runs on your computer and downloads headers from your favorite news sites and blogs. It is flexible and very easy to use. NewzSpider supports ALL RSS standards (0.9x, 1.0 and 2.0) as well as the new ATOM format.
- A heavily featured desktop newsreader which can also scrape non-RSS sites.
- Freeware RSS reader with support for multiple users. Supports import/export of OPML channel lists and has skinable user interface.
- RSS/Atom feed reader, newsgroup reader and Web bookmark manager. Features include searches, categorization, flagging, annotations, clippings and notifications. Requires .NET Framework. [Windows 2000/XP/2003].
- Application for collecting, organizing and sharing RSS feeds. Integrated with Internet Explorer and Office.
Online News Screensaver
- Get the latest news and weather forecast delivered right to your computer screen with this screensaver.
- Opera is a fully functional browser with built-in support for RSS and Atom newsfeeds. Supports voice command when working on Windows XP systems.
- Very simple RSS/RDF reader with simple interface and small memory footprint. [Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP]
QuickRSS RSS Reader
- An open-source desktop RSS reader. Requires .net framework 2.0.
Really Simple Aggregator
- A simple feed aggregator for Windows. It notifies the user of new feed items through system tray balloon tips.
Royal RSS Reader
- Reader that supports Atom feeds as well as RSS 0.91, 0.92, 1.0 and 2.0 .
- An RSS reader that as well as reading feeds it can form a new feed from several existing feeds.
- A free desktop news aggregator for Windows built on the .NET Framework.
- A configurable RSS feed reader. Supports all versions of RSS and has an audible alert for new messages.
- A free news aggregator for Outlook. Allows reading of RSS/RDF/Atom feeds in Outlook.
- An RSS Toolbar for Internet Explorer that monitors RSS feeds and displays the feed through the web browser.
- RSS2Exchange allows you to publish your very own industry specific news pages directly into MS Exchange Public Folders.
- RssFeedEater is a RSS Reader for Windows. It can gather information from sites that offer syndicated contents (RSS or ATOM) and presents them in a hierarchical interface.
- Free RSS reader is able to display any RSS news feed. Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.
- Full-featured RSS reader featuring saved searches and a blogging tool. No longer supported.
- Three-pane RSS Aggregator for the .NET framework.
- RSS Feed Reader for Windows. Includes Feed keyword search features.
- Feed reader with various sort and filter options. Also supports podcasts.
- Allows visitors to keep up-to-date with sources of information that support the RSS protocol. Requires .NET Framework 1.1.
- A free newsreader and podcast receiver: 4 different visual modes, popup notifier, download scheduling and queuing.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 30, 2014 at 0:40:42 UTC -