the entire directory
only in Web/Browsers
Internet Explorer for Mac
Compatibility and Standards Compliance
Computers: Internet: WWW
This category in other languages:
- W3C's open source browser/editor for testing and evaluating new standards. Supports XHTML, MathML, SVG and CSS.
- Mini Internet browser. Browses also zipped files. Can run from a floppy disk.
- Customized tabbed Internet browser with a built-in auction item watch list
- Custom web browser designed to expand services provided by Microsoft Internet Explorer. Features include search accelerator/manager, and multi-window browsing.
- Lightweight web browser with no history, cache, cookies or other features that might leave an audit trail on the client PC.
- Browser that displays websites in a 3D display, showing 48 different websites simultaneously, and pre-loads multiple instances of all pages, allowing the user to read one page, while the others continue to load in the background.
- Tabbed windows and privacy controls with a small download file size. [Windows]
- Web browser for Windows/Mac OS with download manager for torrent files and magnet links; proxy widget; and built-in malware/phishing protection.
- A Gecko-based web browser for PowerPC-based Macintosh systems.
- Based on Firefox, with extras like online video download, online bookmarks.
- Browser featuring tabs. It has the ability to open multiple sites and windows inside a single browser task.
Dillo Web Browser
- Lightweight browser alternative for those running Unix. [Open Source, GPL]
- Built on Chromium engineered to protect users' privacy, and offers always-on private browsing mode, blocks hundreds of tracking companies, includes a built-in encrypted proxy, and has several other privacy protections.
- Web browser for the GNOME desktop environment, using the WebKitGTK+ rendering engine.
- An open source web browser. It is part of the Gnome project, and requires the gtk-XmHTML widget.
- An extensible Internet browser written in Python. It runs on Unix, and, to some extent, on Windows and Macintosh.
HTTrack Website Copier
- Offline browser utility that offers a multi-lingual interface, simultaneous mirroring of more than one site, user-selectable recursion levels, timeout and minimum transfer rate manager, and proxy support. Free Software (GNU GPL). [Win95/98/Me/NT/2000 Linux/Unix]
- The three most popular rendering engines (Trident, Gecko, WebKit) have been integrated in a single browser.
- Tabbed environment with features such as extendible multi-language support, pop-up filter, plug-ins, skin support. Formerly MyIE2.
- A lightweight browser using the WebKit rendering engine. Available for Linux and Windows.
- The NCSA Mosaic browser has been discontinued, but it is still available for download along with documentation on this FTP site.
MT Browser Switcher
- This small utility allows you to assign URLs to several different browsers so different websites can be opened with different browsers.
- Compact offline HTML viewer, runs off a floppy and requires no winsock.dll. Users can view HTML files anytime.
- A concise history of the Mosaic browser.
- With netomat, the user has a dialogue with the Internet. You can ask the net a question using natural language. netomat responds by flowing text, images and audio from the net to your screen.
Off By One
- A small, fast, free standalone 1.1MB web browser with HTML 3.2 support. Can be run from a CD or network.
Offline Navigator Web Browser
- Allows preview of website online or offline with the built-in browser. Allows organization of web pages using Offline Navigator instead of the standard browser to speed up browing. Also allows surfing of another site while the links are downloaded in the background.
QtWeb Internet Browser
- Compact and portable web browser based on Nokia's Qt framework and Apple's WebKit rendering engine. Built-in Torrent client.
- A lightweight, QtWebKit-based web browser developed inside the free software project KDE.
- Web browser for Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad, and Windows Phone.
- A lightweight cross-platform web browser based on QT Webkit. It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- A browser that uses the Trident layout engine. It incorporates features like popup killer, skinned window frame, form filler, site group, quick-search, auto login.
- Slimjet is a free web browser for Windows. Based on the open-source Chromium project.
- A free browser with special emphasis placed on speed, stability and data security. It is based on the open Google Chrome source code but does not send data about user behavior (e.g. visited sites) to Google. There's a variety of extensions for Superbird, like adblocker, themes, plugins.
- A fork Mozilla Firefox for the Power Macintosh and Mac OS X Tiger PowerPC, to retain compatibility with the older architecture.
- Maximizing efficiency by merging the management of local and Internet resources, and web browsing.
- A free browser based on Chromium.
Usenet comp.infosystems.www.browsers.mac -
Usenet comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc -
Usenet comp.infosystems.www.browsers.ms-windows -
Usenet comp.infosystems.www.browsers.x -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2015 at 7:06:42 UTC -