become an editor
the entire directory
only in Usenet/Windows
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Internet: Clients: Usenet: Windows
Microsoft Outlook Epress
- Freeware binary newsreader featuring built-in image and video viewer, auto-unrar/unzip, auto-repair using PAR2 files, UUencode and yEnc decoding and support for NZB files.
- Unofficial FAQ v1.6 for users of Forte, Inc.'s newsreaders, Agent and Free Agent. Covers where to get the software and support, features, and technical assistance.
- Windows freeware. Search for and download your favorites pictures, movies, and music from usenet. Avoids redundant searching and duplicate downloading. Includes pictures viewer, automatic multi-part reconstruction, e-mail sender.
- Automated Usenet picture receiver for Windows. Free version is full featured, but has ads. Registered version does not. Many filtering and sorting options. Anti-spam features.
- Windows newsgroup downloader that finds binary files matching search criteria. Scheduler for unattended downloads. Commercial software; limited demo available.
BinTube Media Player Newsreader
- A Newsreader for Windows 98 and up that streams multimedia files and images from Usenet. NZB, PAR and RAR enabled. Requires a license after the free trial.
- Newsreader specifically designed for downloading images from usenet. Includes spam filtering options, image previewer, yEnc support and multi-part support.
- Agent and Free Agent are commercial and freeware newsreaders for 16-bit or 32-bit Windows systems. Both offer off-line reading and handle binary attachments. Agent offers advanced filtering options and integrated e-mail support.
- Freeware NZB capable newsgrabber. Automatically handles repairing and extracting of downloaded files. For Windows XP and above.
- Open source newsreader for Windows with rules-based filtering. Automatically downloads, decodes, and views images and allows offline reading. Kill file and multiple server support.
News File Grabber
- An nzb capable news client for binary newsgroups. This software is shareware with a limited free trial. For Windows 98 and above.
- Newsreader with built-in search capabilities for messages and binary file attachments. It has "Autoscan" mode, for unattended scanning and downloading. A module that allows messages to be downloaded to Palm Pilot PDA's is also available.
- Usenet robot for Windows that automatically searches for and downloads binary files. Detects duplicates and avoids downloading them. Includes a viewer for graphics files.
- An open source, binaries only news reader with support for multiple servers and all popular encoding formats but not for NZB files. For Windows 95 and above.
- Newsreader that searches newsgroups using multiple include or exclude keyword filters based on article contents and subjects. Freeware.
- News reader program which simplifies complex searches in Usenet archives.
- NZB capable newsgrabber with multiserver support. Free trial version available. For Windows 98 and above.
- Presents this newsreader and binary grabber which can be purchased online; also includes screen shots and a support forum. A freeware version with limited features is available for testing purposes.
- Lets you scan, combine, and download files from selected Usenet newsgroups.
- Windows newsreader for downloading large binary files. Automatic restart and resume batch download. Finds article matching user criteria. Handles file decoding.
NewsXpress FAQ Version 2
- Download links and documentation to freeware Windows newsreader.
- Newsreader for Windows for downloading of binary articles with attachments from Usenet network.
- A multi-server download program based on NZB files and which requires the .NET framework v1.1 to run. Its source code, subject to a custom semi-free license, is also available.
- Presents this version released by a new developer who corrected some bugs and added new features, also includes a detailed change log.
- NZBPlayer streams video from Usenet. It allows to begin to watch videos before their download is complete and keeps the files for future use once they're downloaded. Freeware.
OUI: Off-line Usenet Interface
- Supports multiple e-mail accounts and newsgroups, even on different servers. Also, killfiles, spam filtering, auto-download of selected messages and seamless threading. For Windows.
Tom's Gravity Pages
- An unofficial user's site, includes FAQs, help files, tutorials and other information about Gravity newsreader.
- Combined binary and text capable newsreader with integrated search service. Requires registration after the free trial period.
- Usenet client with built in search engine.
- Visual Newsreader for Windows, including Windows 3.1. Can select, view, write, sort and print articles. Articles can be saved locally, copied to the clipboard or forwarded via e-mail. Public domain software, source code available.
- Open source newsreader suitable for on-line and offline reading. Supports multiple servers, tree mode display, SSL encryption and file decoding. Handles downloads including filters and batch mode.
- A freeware, on-line newsreader. Supports kill-files, filtering and scoring. Supports multiple newsservers.
- A free, open-source yEnc utility for Windows. This stand alone tool supports file encoding and decoding into and from yEnc format. It can also post encoded files to binary newsgroups.
- Open source tool specialized in posting files to binary newsgroups, based on PowerPost 2000. Uses the yEnc encoding format.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 13, 2013 at 15:55:31 UTC -