become an editor
the entire directory
only in Usenet/Unix
- Free command line client well suited for a cron job, able to collect and assemble multipart binary attachments from newsgroups.
Gnus Newsreader Homepage
- An acronym for Gnus Network User Services, a news and mail reader with threading, ratings, self documentation.
- Open source KDE Usenet file grabber. It supports multiple servers, multiple download threads, automatic joining/decoding of articles and images in common formats can be viewed inline.
- Open source client which automates the downloads from Usenet with the help of NZB files. Website includes screenshots and a development blog.
- Open source Usenet binary autoposter for Unix. Creates .sfv checksum files and .par parity volumes and supports both yencoding and uuencoding.
- An NNTP client for Unix, compatible with C News and INN local news servers.
- Threaded Usenet newsreader, ancestor of Tin. The sources of Tass were first posted in the alt.sources newsgroup (still archived at Google Groups) by Rich Skrenta, the founder of the Open Directory Project.
- A threaded NNTP and spool-based UseNet newsreader for GNU/Linux, *BSD, various Unices, and the Hurd. Links to download sites, documentation and support mailing list. Open source software.
trn: Threaded RN
- A textbased newsreader for POSIX compliant systems. Under development. Developer is looking for programmers who would like to help with the development.
- Free, open source newsreader which supports the X Window System. Presentation includes list of features, screenshots, and mailing-list information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 10, 2014 at 11:35:15 UTC -