become an editor
the entire directory
only in Clients/Usenet
Computers: Internet: Protocols: NNTP
Computers: Software: Internet: Servers: Usenet
This category in other languages:
- Freeware newsreader for Windows 3.x/9x/NT that "should" also work in Win2K, XP, OS/2. Built to support simultaneous use of multiple servers.
- Information about the NoCeM protocol in general, including a listing of news clients which understand NoCeM, a protocol for reducing spam and other undesired Usenet articles.
- A newsreader designed for browsing encoded pictures in newsgroups. It allows you to see previews of images before they're downloaded. Available for Mac and Windows.
Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval
- Certain minimal standards for writing and evaluating Usenet software that conforms to netiquette. Ratings of newsreaders and of a few web-based ways to gain access to newsgroups.
- Open source client that allows users to download files from news servers using NZB files; written in Java. Screenshots and a tutorial are provided.
- Presents this Java based, freeware client for uploading binary files; includes a support forum.
- Technical information and project documentation of the integrated email and news client in the Mozilla Suite.
- Open source offline and online newsreader for the Amiga.
NewsCoaster for MorphOS
- Open-source offline and online newsreader for MorphOS.
- Explanation of Usenet and list of newsreaders and other Usenet-related software. Directory of newsreader software sorted by operating system with brief descriptions and links to official download sites.
- A menu based netnews reader for Unix. (Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OS X, HP-UX)
- Free and open source news grabber for binary newsgroups. Versions for Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux are available.
- Command-line based binary newsgrabber for NZB files, written in C++. Supports client/server mode and automatic par check and repair.
- Open source newsreader designed for both text and binary newsgroups. It supports offline reading, scoring, killfiles, and multiserver access. For Unix-like operating systems and Windows.
- Open source, NZB capable binary newsgrabber written in Python, server-oriented using a web-interface. The active successor of the abandoned SABnzbd project.
- Threaded, text based, open source newsreader for Unix, VMS, OS/2, and Win32 systems. Highly customizable. Allows to redefine keys and to write custom macros. Full support for scoring articles, complex filters and killfiles.
Threaded Read News (trn)
- Text-mode news reader. Originally based on Larry Wall's rn.
- Open source newsreader for Windows and GNU/Linux. Supports scoring, off line reading and X-Face headers.
Usenet alt.usenet.offline-reader -
Usenet alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent -
Usenet news.software.readers -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 1, 2015 at 9:35:03 UTC -