become an editor
the entire directory
only in Information_Retrieval/Fulltext
Cheshire II Project Home Page
- Cheshire II is a "Next-Generation Online Catalog and Full-Text Information Retrieval System." It features advanced IR techniques, including support for Boolean and probabilistic 'best match' ranked searching, SGML/XML as the primary data base format, and a client/server architecture that uses the Z39.50 Information Retrieval Protocol.
- Search software in 100% Java (J2EE) with parametric, natural language and full-text search capabilities.
- Searches all popular file types, with features including hit highlighting, natural language, fuzzy, phonic, boolean, proximity, field, numeric range.
- Bankruptcy software in WordPerfect and MS-Word for legal professionals. Menu-driven data input and automatic form compilation in official forms typeset format for Chapters 7, 9, 11, 12, 13. Electronic filing (ECF) compatible.
- A Unix based indexing and query system. It is good for indexing relatively small amounts of data. Different types of indexes allow you to trade off search speed for index size. The default search engine used in Harvest.
- Develops enterprise software that intelligently processes text-based information using automated information indexing and tagging.
- A complete world wide web indexing and searching system for a small domain or intranet. Source code (GPL).
IB Search Engine
- High speed, fully featured, multilingual fielded fulltext engine. Available for many platforms including Solaris, BSD, Linux and Windows-NT.
Index Data Zebra
- A fulltext and free-text indexing and retrieval system that conforms to ANSI standard Z39.50. Helpful with structured data such as MARC records, and GILS records.
KE Software Inc.
- KE Texpress is an object/relational database that supports text as well as multimedia objects. Runs on a wide variety of platforms including Linux.
- Information and select sections of a book about indexing and compression techniques for documents and images. Also provides information about open source IR system released with the book.
- Megaputer provides a complete family of unique solutions for Natural Language Text Retrieval and Analysis, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Databases.
MicroISIS by UNESCO
- Non-numerical information storage and retrieval software developed to allow institutions, especially in developing countries, to streamline their information processing activities.
Onix Full-Text Indexing and Retrieval Toolkit
- Toolkit (SDK) for adding full-text indexing and searching capabilities to applications. Ported to a wide range of platforms and highly scalable. Designed for use in both large and small scale systems. Free evaluation download.
- Helps to manage business content and meet information governance requirements. Has a list of products, solutions, and services.
- Provides document scanning, optical character recognition and full-text searching.
Simple Web Indexing System for Humans
- SWISH-Enhanced is a fast, powerful, flexible, free, and easy to use system for indexing collections of Web pages or other text files.
- Thunderstone has a number of full text search related products including their flagship text/relational database, Texis.
WinOcular Document Imaging
- Combined Computer Resources, Inc. (CCR), a software developer and integrator, specializes in customizing and integrating document imaging, COLD report management and workflow software products.
Usenet comp.infosystems.search -
Usenet comp.theory.info-retrieval -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 10, 2013 at 6:11:48 UTC -