become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/History
Computers: Internet: History
Computers: Software: Abandonware
Computers: Systems: Apple: History
Software History Center
- History of the software industry and the stories of its entrepreneurs and software developers. Includes lengthy software industry who's-who.
Astonishments in the history of version control
- Blog post with historical highlights in software version control.
Beer and Nappies -- A Data Mining Urban Legend
- Article debunking the beer-and-diapers data mining urban legend.
- History of search engine vendor FAST Search & Transfer, and of a predecessor company founded by an early technical employee.
Dan Bricklin's History Section
- By Dan Bricklin, co-inventor of Visicalc
- Official company history of the ODBC/JDBC/data connectivity pioneer variously known as Pioneer Software, Q+E Software, and DataDirect.
Enterprise Software History
- Capsule histories of application software companies in sectors such as ERP, MRP, and CRM. Wiki format.
History of Computing: Software Index
- Taxonomy of many kinds of software, with historical perspective.
The History of Software Patents
- A history of how software went from unpatentable to patentable.
IBM DB2's 25th Anniversary: Birth Of An Accidental Empire
- Information Week article on relational DBMS history. Discusses IBM internal politics, and the cooperation between IBM and UC Berkeley researchers.
Information Technology Corporate Histories Collection
- History of various IT companies, especially enterprise software vendors. Affiliated with the Computer History Museum.
- Site with history of several software companies (InSystems, Powersoft, Covalent).
Outliners & Programming
- Dave Winer on the history of some early personal computer software products.
PostgreSQL History Document
- Capsule history of POSTGRES-related database management systems.
- Idiosyncratic history of PowerBuilder and other client/server development tools.
- Capsule history of PowerBuilder, with a scan of a product advertisement.
The Seven Ages of Information Retrieval
- Essay on the history of information retrieval and search technologies, written before the World Wide Web took off.
- Historical articles about the enterprise software industry, its companies, and its pioneers.
System R History
- Includes oral history transcripts about System R and SQL. From 1995.
- Official summary company history of Teradata.
Tincat Group, Inc.— MultiValue Family Tree
- Family tree "poster" and timeline for multivalue (PICK and U2) database management product lines.
Xconomy: The Greatest Internet Pioneers You Never Heard Of
- Article about the history of Erwise, a Finnish project that anticipated the Mosaic browser.
The Rise and Fall of CORBA
- Critical history of the CORBA standard for object request brokers. (June 30, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2016 at 17:56:26 UTC -