become an editor
the entire directory
only in 3D/Terrain
3D Art and Imagery
Computers: Software: Internet: Authoring: VRML
Computers: Virtual Reality: Software
Games: Video Games: Simulation: Flight
Science: Social Sciences: Geography: Geographic Information Systems: Software: Visualization
Science: Technology: Software for Engineering: Aerospace Engineering
Atlas - The FlightGear mapping utility
- Produce and display charts of the world for users of FlightGear, an open source flight simulator. Includes map creator and atlas viewer. Can also be used stand alone. Under development, GPL. [Win32(cygwin),Linux]
- A program for designing and creating virtual landscapes utilizing real map data or synthetic data from fractals. Fractals are also used to dynamically extend the data and level of detail. [Win 98/SE/Me/2k]
Height Map Editor
- Free program that edits, generates, and manipulates terrain height maps. These can be used in terrain renders, which are used in games, applications, and demos. Web base manual available. [Windows and Linux]
KLevel Heightfield Tool
- A heightfield modelling tool designed to mimic Leveller for Windows. It features an OpenGL preview and many brush-like tools. (free, with code) [Linux]
- Modeling and visualization software package that creates relief maps in both 2D and 3D using either proprietary global elevation database or public domain DEMs. Features include projections, texture draping, lighting, shading, and elevation color graduation.
Natural Scene Designer
- Raytracing based landscape renderer with object (trees, rocks, lakes) creation, placement and animation capabilities. Interactive planimetric, and 3D modeling viewpoints. Imports USGS and STDS DEMs. [Windows and Mac]
- Specializes in the import of GIS data sets and creation of a GIS viewer, which allows the user to "fly" over a 3-D image of their data sets.
- A free win32 3D viewer which demonstrates Dynamic Level of Detail (DLOD), based on OpenGL and GLUT, only reads USGS DEMs. Appears to be in active development.
OpenSkies Training System
- Free authoring tool for virtual environment training system. A low cost PC-based system which incorporates trainee performance measurement capability. [Win9x/NT/2k]
Virtual Terrain Project
- Promotes development of tools for constructing any part of the real world in interactive, 3D digital form. CAD, GIS, visual simulation, surveying and remote sensing. (free, with code) [win32, unix]
- Small program for playing with terrain data (height fields). Imports data from and to many popular file formats. Can use a number of image processing operations and height field painting tools. (Free, no code) [Win9x/NT]
World Construction Set
- Professional photorealistic terrain modeling, visualization, rendering and animation program. Create stunning, photorealistic images and animations with image object rendering. [Win9x/NT/2k/Mac/SGI]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 7:24:06 UTC -