become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ray_Tracing/Research_and_Papers
Research and Papers
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Graphics: 3D: Ray Tracing: Research and Papers
Computers: Computer Science: Computer Graphics
Computers: Computer Science: Publications
Computers: Programming: Graphics
Science: Math: Geometry: Computational Geometry
- Ren Ng, Ravi Ramamoorthi and Pat Hanrahan presents a method, based on pre-computed light transport, for real-time rendering of objects under all-frequency, time-varying illumination represented as a high-resolution environment map. This gives good shadows.
Animation and Rendering of Complex Water Surfaces
- Douglas Enright, Steve Marschner and Ronald Fedkiw describes a method designed to produce visually plausible water effects, for example the pouring of water into a glass and the breaking of an ocean wave.
Bidirectional Estimators for Light Transport
- Eric Veach and Leonidas J. Guibas study techniques for reducing the sampling noise inherent in pure Monte Carlo approaches to global illumination.
Computer Graphics Research Group, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Research mostly center around global illumination and monte carlo ray tracing. Contains some environment maps, a description of a Cornell box experiment, Publications and the RenderPark ray tracer.
Efficient Image-Based Methods for Rendering Soft Shadows
- Presents two efficient image-based approaches for computation and display of high-quality soft shadows from area light sources: Layered attenuation maps and coherence-based raytracing. Authors: Maneesh Agrawala, Ravi Ramamoorthi, Alan Heirich and Laurent Moll.
Eliminating Popping Artifacts in Sheet Buffer-Based Splatting
- Splatting is a fast volume rendering algorithm which achieves its speed by projecting voxels in the form of pre-integrated interpolation kernels, or splats. By Klaus Mueller and Roger Crawfis.
Global Illumination Compendium by Philip Dutré
- A compendium containing most of the useful formulas and equations for global illumination algorithms.
Graphics paper indexes
- Indexes for online version of papers from SIGGRAPH and various other conferences.
Henrik Wann Jensen's Publications
- A list of publications mainly about Photon Mapping, Global Illumination and rendering natural phenomenon such as fire, skin and smoke.
Image-based Rendering and Reconstruction of Surfaces with Arbitrary BRDFs
- A project trying to capture the surface properties of real-life objects that cannot be effectively captured by any existing lighting models (such as Phong).
Improved Noise by Ken Perlin, Reference Implementation
- An implementation in java of Perlin's 2002 SIGGRAPH paper (available in PDF format) describing a improved noise generating function.
Jules Bloomenthal Published Papers
- Papers relating to Character Animation, Implicit and Skeletal Modeling, Implicit Surface Polygonization, Convolution Surfaces and Transformations and Geometry.
Metropolis Light Transport
- Eric Veach and Leonidas J. Guibas describes a method for solving the light transport problem that performs especially well on problems that are usually considered difficult, e.g. those involving bright indirect light, small geometric holes, or glossy surfaces.
Philip Dutré's Publications
- Mostly relating to global illumination algorithms and monte carlo light tracing.
Prof. Dr. Alexander Keller
- Papers about Monte Carlo and quasi-Monte Carlo methods, highly uniform point sets, particle methods for transport equations and wavelets and the lifting scheme.
Radiance Technical Papers
- Various papers describing the free radiance highly accurate ray-tracing software system for UNIX computers.
Radiosity: An Illuminating Perspective
- Presents a summary of the state of radiosity research 1992 by S.M Drucker. In PDF format. [PDF]
Ray Tracing Bibliography
- Over 700 bibliographic references and some 300 abstracts from ray tracing related papers and books. Not updated since 1999 but much of the information is still useful.
Ray Tracing on Programmable Graphics Hardware
- Timothy J. Purcell, Ian Buck, William R. Mark, and Pat Hanrahan evaluate trends in programmability of the graphics pipeline and explain how ray tracing can be mapped to graphics hardware.
Robust Monte Carlo Methods for Light Transport Simulation
- Eric Veach Ph.D. dissertation describes light transport problems in computer graphics and develops new Monte Carlo techniques that greatly extend the range of input models for which light transport simulations are practical.
Smoke Simulation for Large Scale Phenomenas
- Nick Rasmussen, Duc Quang Nguyen, Willi Geiger and Ronald Fedkiw presents an efficient method for simulating highly detailed large scale participating media such as nuclear explosions.
Symplectic Raytracing: Raytracing with Hamiltonian Dynamics in Blackhole Spacetime
- Describes a method to visualize the curved spacetime around blackholes. By Tetsu Satoh, Haruo Takemura and Naokazu Yokoya. [PDF]
Volume Graphics: Field-based Modelling and Rendering
- A PhD thesis in PDF format, introducing new volume graphics concepts. Includes background reviews of volume visualization and graphics. Also includes a specification of the vlib volume graphics API and describes volumetric ray-tracing. [PDF]
Research and Papers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:35:02 AM EDT -