become an editor
the entire directory
only in Computer_Aided_Translation/Translation_Memory
Computer Aided Translation
Advantages and Disadvantages of Translation Memory: A Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Masters' thesis by Lynn E. Webb, San Francisco State University, 1992.
Machine translation vs. translation memory
- Following is a brief overview of the two technologies and an assessment of their usefulness in multilingual web-support systems.
- Guest access to a few Moodle courses about translation memory and similar subjects. Language department of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Barcelona, Spain.
Metrics for Evaluating Translation Memory Software, thesis by Francie Gow
- Different approaches to automatic search and retrieval in translation memory (TM) tools and a methodology for comparative evaluation, with a practical application comparing TRADOS and MultiTrans.
Translation Memory from O to R
- Article by Michael Benis from 1999. Introduces translation memory, and briefly discusses some CAT tools.
What Is XLIFF and Why Should I Use It?
- Description of XLIFF (XML Localization Interchange File Format) and its role in the localization process. By Peter Reynolds and Tony Jewtushenko, members of the XLIFF Committee at OASIS.
What You Need To Know About Translation Memories
- An article by Andres Heuberger about common work with translation memories.
XML in localisation: Reuse translations with TM and TMX
- Article that explains the importance of translation memories and how the localisation industry uses them, highlighting the relevance of the TMX format for transferring translation data between different TM implementations.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 2, 2016 at 7:40:07 UTC -