become an editor
the entire directory
only in Character_Encoding/Unicode
This category in other languages:
Unicode and Multilingual Support in Web Browsers and HTML
- A guide to displaying thousands of foreign and special characters in Web pages, with the aid of Unicode, plus notes on suitable multilingual browsers, fonts, editors and other utilities. Includes lists of the characters in each Unicode range that can be used to test browsers and fonts.
The Unicode Consortium
- The official site with information and resources for programmers, implementers and others involved in globalization work.
The Absolute Minimum Every Software Developer Absolutely, Positively Must Know About Unicode and Character Sets
- An article by Joel Spolsky that explains the basics of Unicode and common character encodings and their implications for programmers.
Adobe: Unicode and Glyph Names
- A description of PostScript glyph naming conventions in the context of Unicode.
Characters vs. Bytes
- Tim Bray, co-editor of the XML standard, discusses various Unicode encodings and their pros and cons.
ConScript Unicode Registry
- Information on block assignment in the Unicode Private Use Area.
- Multilingual fonts and keyboard layouts for Unicode-compliant and pre-Unicode applications. Also contains information on CJK, Maltese, Esperanto, Arabic, Cyrillic and Hebrew and links to related resources.
Gallery of Unicode Fonts
- A gallery that displays samples of available Unicode fonts for dozens of different writing systems.
Hello World or Καλημέρα κόσμε or こんにちは 世界
- Paper by Bell Labs researchers Rob Pike and Ken Thompson explaining how they used UTF-8 to make Plan 9 the first operating system with Unicode support.
The History of UTF-8 as Told by Rob Pike
- Rob Pike explains the history of how Ken Thompson invented UTF-8 and its first implementation in Plan 9.
International Components for Unicode
- IBM's portable set of C/C++ and Java libraries for Unicode support, internationalization, and globalization. Background information, user guide, API references, and developer information. [free use licence]
International Unicode Conferences
- Includes a variety of tutorials and details of conference sessions covering Unicode, the web, software and internationalization. Includes details of past conferences since 1996 and information about upcoming events.
Linux Unicode How-to
- How to adapt Linux systems to use UTF-8 encoding. (ftp)
- Information on Unicode support for writing Myanmar text and related software/fonts.
On the Goodness of Unicode
- Explains the purpose and use of Unicode.
Sharmahd Computing UniPad
- A Unicode plain text editor for the Windows NT and Windows 95 operating systems.
Tackling a Daunting Task
- Eugene Eric Kim reviews "Unicode: A Primer".
- Browsers test for Unicode compatibility.
- Demonstrates the use of the Unicode Character Standard to store names and places from anywhere in the world, in any language.
- Concise information on Unicode fonts for hardware and software developers.
The Unicode Standard
- The online edition of version 4.1.0 of this standard.
Unicode, MBCS and Generic text conversion
- A guide to using generic text functions to make the transition between character sets easier for C++, MFC and STL.
UTF-8 and Unicode FAQ
- A resource about Unicode and UTF-8 on Unix and Linux systems.
UTF-8 Conversion Tool
- Converts between Unicode characters, code points and UTF-8, displayed in various formats.
UTF-8 Encoding Table and Unicode Characters
- Reference table of Unicode code points, their UTF-8 encoding, corresponding HTML character entities and other information.
- Examples of the UTF-8 Unicode encoding method demonstrating its ASCII-preserving properties.
Who doesn't know what Unicode is?
- C-Kermit and Unicode issues explored.
Why Unicode Won't Work on the Internet: Linguistic, Political and Technical Limitations
- A paper outlining issues with encoding all the world's character sets within the limitations of the existing Unicode standards, and the possible impact this will have on East Asian languages.
Wikipedia - Unicode
- A description of the basic concept of Unicode plus links to related resources.
Zvon Character Reference
- A reference of visually similar characters and their Unicode values.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 31, 2015 at 18:08:22 UTC -