the entire directory
only in Globalization/Character_Encoding
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Globalization: Character Encoding
Computers: Data Formats
Computers: Data Formats: Markup Languages: XML: Encoding
Computers: Software: Globalization: Character Encoding: Latin: ASCII
Computers: Software: Globalization: Fonts
This category in other languages:
A Brief History of Character Codes
- A concise history of the development of character encoding in Western and East Asian languages, including ASCII, EBCDIC, Unicode and TRON.
- Front end to several search engines and portals that allows you to enter queries in various character sets.
ASCII and EBCDIC Compared
- A comparison of two of these two basic encoding systems, with tables.
Basis Technology: Presentations and Papers
- A wide range of articles on Unicode, East Asian localization and Internationalization issues.
Characters and Encodings
- A tutorial on character code issues in digital processing and transfer of text data, on the Internet or otherwise. Includes tables and a detailed listing of control codes. In English and Finnish.
Dan's Web Tips: Characters and Fonts
- Hints and tips about character sets and fonts in web development. Includes links to related resources.
ECMA: Character Code Structure and Extension Techniques
- Specifies the structure of ECMA-35, for 8-bit codes and 7-bit codes which provide for the coding of character sets, with a detailed PDF document.
EKI Letter Database
- Query character sets, encoding, codepages and Unicode information in an easy-to-use web form. Held at the Institute of the Estonian Language.
HTML Document Representation
- Chapter covering document character sets and encodings in HTML from the World Wide Web Consortium's HTML 4.0 Specification.
HTML Validation: Using Character Encodings
- How to validate HTML documents in various character encodings.
IANA: Character Sets
- The official names for character sets that may be used in the Internet and referred to in Internet documentation - held at the Internet Assigned Number Authority.
ISO 639 Language Names
- The standard names for use in SGML and XML, including a complete list of language name codes.
- Codetables for ISO 8859-6, ASMO 449 plus, ASMO 708 (Arabic) and ISO 8859-8 (Hebrew) and further information about the company's work in multilingual UNIX.
MS Windows characters in HTML
- A review of the HTML authoring problems caused by some special characters which belong to MS Windows character set but not to ISO Latin 1. Includes technical details and substitution tables. In English and Finnish.
ScientificPublications.com: Czyborra.com Mirror
- Mirror of Roman Czyborra's work on character sets and encoding systems. In English and German.
Tutorial: Shady Characters
- A tutorial that explains HTML character sets, character encodings and character references from Webreference.com.
World Wide Web Consortium
- Covers code tables, Unicode, HTML and XML and links to other resources and discusses internationalization and localization issues relating to character sets.
Xceed Binary Encoding Library
- A library for Windows developers that allows applications to encode binary data and files into text and vice-versa.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2014 at 8:05:05 UTC -