become an editor
the entire directory
only in Freeware/Editors
Computers: Software: Editors
This category in other languages:
- An editor that creates formatted text, graphics and tables for .TXT, .RTF, and html files.
- Programmer's editor with syntax highlighting, HTML and RTF export, multiple language versions, macros, columnar text selection, and a file explorer.
- Windows text editor that fits on a floppy yet offers powerful features and customizable syntax highlighting.
Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor
- A free editor that implements the Midas applications programming interface in Mozilla.
- Combines calendar functions with text editing features. [Win 98 or better]
- Windows text editor with block functions and Asian language support. Free for personal use. Pro version is also available.
Fuzzy Duck Note Tab
- A small note taking application that lives in the MS Windows task tray. Includes many advanced features such as a spell checker and saving to ftp. [Requires VB runtime]
- Provides the user with a wide range of functionality such as: Project management, project templates, syntax highlighting, wizards and a fully customizable user interface.
- A cross platform programmer's text editor written in Java that is customizable with plugins. [Requires Java VM]
Jext for Windows
- Jext is a powerful pure Java text editor. That has been mainly designed for programmers. It provides syntax colorizing (Java, Perl, XML, HTML.), auto indent, plugins, scripts, others.
- Free cross-platform, syntax coloring text editor, supports UNICODE, UTF-8, and other code page conversions. [MacOS/Windows]
The Literary Machine
- LM 2000 creativity and authoring tool. Powered by a relational database that processes ideas and research for brainstorming and concept mapping. Features front-end word processing to order and compile texts into written compositions.
- Notepad replacement for Windows with unlimited file size, context sensitive URLs, unix file format support, and file changed notification.
- Windows text editor with syntax highlighting for several languages, XML tree view, CSS browser, HTML autocomplete, and Java compiler launcher. (Open Source)
- Florian Balmer's free notepad replacement (licensed under the GPL) intended to be small and fast, with syntax highlighting.
- A general text editor with configurable interface, dictionary support for seven languages, supports multiple text formats, and supports text files as large as memory allows. [Win16/Win32]
NotGNU Emacs Editor
- NotGNU is a freeware, user-friendly, emacs style text editor, similar to GNU Emacs but much smaller and lighter, with a Windows look and feel. It is available for DOS, Windows 3.x/95/98/NT machines and Linux.
- Creates Tibetan Pecha documents, allows import/export of RTF text, and has controls for pecha layout and printing. [Win32]
- A programmers editor that offers unlimited length of edited text, an MDI interface, built-in FTP client, macro recorder, various templates, a full HEX editor and spell checker. Available in English, German, Czech, French, Danish, and eight other languages.
- A tool to create complex regular expressions and transform them into Java code.
- Utility to edit Windows executable resources.
- A SCIntilla based text editor.[Win32/linux]
- A free code editor that supports most of the common computer languages out there.
Steno Pad 2
- A free word processor, compatible with MS Word and Word Perfect, with smaller files.
- Unicode text editor for programmers and web designers with syntax coloring and build-in FTP client. [Win32]
- A simple editor for SPARC Solaris that is compatible with the Common Desktop Environment.
- Offers numerous hotkeys, several clipboards, advanced searching and editing, unicode/utf-8 support, sort unique lines, reverse or translate characters, cut columns. Also supports user plugins for grep or dir. [Win32]
- Windows source code editor supporting a number of programming languages. Software description, screenshots, downloads add-ons, and a small support area.
- Small notepad replacement which supports Windows, Unix and Mac text formats, supports files as large as memory will allow, has a recent files list, configurable interface, and full intellimouse support. [Win32]
- Windows-based editor designed to emulate DOS edit. Supports editing of plain text and, to some extent, binary files.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2016 at 15:04:07 UTC -