the entire directory
only in File_Management/File_Managers
- Multiple file and MP3 renaming utility, easily batch rename files, including change case, change the file extension, insert string, delete string, replace/remove string, set the file attributes and time stamps. It offers also real-time preview, undo, renaming log.
- Free utility to view and change file attributes: creation date, last access date and modify date.
Attribute Magic Pro
- Small but useful shareware utility for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000 which simplifies the process of modifying file dates and attributes for one or more files in the directory.
- A file manager designed for accessing Novell, NT or Linux drives from any Windows 95/98/NT/2000 or DOS computer. Features include built-in file viewer and search functionality.
Clear and Simple
- Publishers of DiskJockey file manager, viewer, zip, unzip, FTP tool for Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, and OS/2.
ClikView File Viewer
- File viewer with explorer style interface. View and edit almost any file directly without launching the files native application. Full archive manger / ZIP viewer to create, view, edit, convert and extract compressed files using multiple formats. [Windows 95/98/2000/NT/ME/XP]
Digital Picture and Data Recovery
- File recovery and undelete software for all MS operating systems. Product specifications, and downloads.
- EF Commander, or EF Commander light, shareware and freeware for Windows and OS/2.
F: Freeware Multi-platform File Manager
- Text based, downloads for OS/2, Win32, Linux, AIX, many BSDs. Standalone utilities for communication with another workstation: fmsg, fsend, fquery, ffpcopy, and ffpquery.
- Shareware system utility "fileTweak" to change file attributes directly in Windows file property pages. View file or folder content and description and copy file list to clipboard. Also offers EasyHEX to view, copy, edit and search file contents in HEX and TEXT modes.
File Arrival Notification Software
- You've Got Files! monitors selected directories for new or changed files and generates an email or launches an executable upon file arrival.
- Text mode Norton Commander style file manager, shareware for OS/2 and Win32.
- Utility for batch renaming files and directories in Windows. Features include simulation mode for safe testing, sequential renaming and Mp3 renaming. Free trial version available.
GdP Software: watchDirectory
- Program to execute a command (typically a .bat or .cmd file) when the directory contents that this program is monitoring changes (a file is added, deleted or it size changes). Example uses for this program are automatically backup, ftp or compile files that arrive in a directory.
- A cross-platform file manager. It features a Norton Commander style interface and runs on any OS supporting the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition.
Softpanorama Society Orthodox File Managers Site
- Dr. Nikolai Bezroukov's page devoted to OFMs, often called NC, Norton Commander, style file managers. Detailed online book, "The Orthodox File Manager Paradigm", comparisons of various programs, and links.
- GNU License executable file compression and decompression utility that supports many executable file formats. Versions available for Linux, Win32, and DOS, will supports many executable file formats.
- The servlet version of the web-based file manager fmweb. It can be used to manage the local filesystem or the filesystems of remote machines via TCP/IP. Free download, any operating system.
Word Document Recovery Software
- Utility to recover damaged, corrupt, and virus infected files from all versions of Microsoft Word, free demo download. Support for Windows and Macintosh.
ZTree File Manager
- ZTreeWin and ZTreeBold are native 32bit text-mode file/directory managers for Windows (95/98/Me/NT/2K/XP) and OS/2 respectively, modelled closely on the text-mode file-manager XTree Gold. Shareware.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2016 at 5:35:08 UTC -