become an editor
the entire directory
only in File_Management/Deletion
Open Directory - Computers: Software: File Management: Deletion
Computers: Security: Products and Tools: Forensics and Anti-Forensic Degaussers
- Protect your privacy by cleaning your tracks on the Internet and protecting personal information.
Acronis Drive Cleanser
- Guarantees the complete destruction of data on selected partitions and/or entire disks.
Active@ Kill Disk
- Secure data eraser for hard and floppy drives.
- Delete unwanted files from hard drives. Free trial offer, supports all Windows systems.
Complete Cleanup Shareware
- Deletes browsing history, cookies, recent documents and recent files lists. From Softdd.
- Software to erase data securely, make encrypted backups, secure website access credentials, delete cached files etc. Includes an enterprise suite to enforce data erasure rules throughout the organization.
Darik's Boot and Nuke
- Open source boot disk that automatically and completely deletes the contents of any hard disk it can detect, which makes it an utility for bulk or emergency data destruction.
- A Windows program for secure file deletion which destroys (or purges) data in multiple files and multiple folders on floppy, ZIP or hard disk so that the data cannot be recovered, a process also known as 'sanitization'.
- Automatically deletes old files in a set of folders. Continuously displays the number of files in each defined folder or tree. Automatically purges Macintosh files stored on NT/2000 file server.
- A Data Removal System that securely erases all data from every hard disk on a PC.
- Duplicate file manager for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000. Load and save search profiles for quick repeat searches. With Mark Wizard select all the oldest/newest files for deletion, or target them by drive automatically. Features many unique and powerful features.
- Utilities designed to completely eliminate sensitive data from computers. Also offers a backup tool with encryption, compression and FTP support.
- Secure data removal tool for Windows. (Open Source)
- Delete files and folders directly to prevent others from recovering, support delete files/folders in explorer directly.
Find Unused Files
- Check for old and unused files for deletion. Specify which folder to look in and whether to include the subfolders when looking for such files. [Freeware]
- A Linux toolkit with GUI and command line modes, to report various forms of disk wastage on a file system. Reporting duplicate files, file name problems, dangling links and redundant binary files. This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
- XT File Shredder Lizard is a secure file removal shareware utility, to remove sensitive data from disk drives by overwriting it and than delete it. Multi lingual site in English and Macedonian language.
- Application to free up disk space by deleting junk files that are no longer used by any software on the system. Additionally this software will clean cookies and many other temporary folders on the hard drive. [Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP]
Mutilate File Wiper
- Mutilate destroys sensitive files so they can never be recovered or undeleted.
- Shareware file deletion and management utility, search for duplicate files, zero-size files and same filename. Windows 9x/Me/NT4/XP/2000.
- Smart Cleaner and Advanced Cleaner Lite, clean unwanted files from disks. Windows shareware. Note: May not support some browsers.
PC Garbage Remover
- Scans for different types of useless files, includes viewers. Windows shareware from Softdd.
- Windows file wipe utility with NSA erasure algorithm, works with FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS.
- Recover files from a hard disk drive or floppy diskette with a corrupted file system or a virus. Also access files from an accidentally formatted disk, or recover any files that have been deleted. For all Windows operating systems.
- Full featured uninstaller program for removing shown and hidden applications and entries from the Windows Add/Remove applet in the Control Panel. Software overview, screenshots, and trial download. [Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP]
- Fixes and prevents errors by finding and deleting 40 different types of error producing and space-wasting garbage files. Targets specific types of error producing files that common disk utilities, uninstall, and defrag miss. [Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000]
- Cleans up unnecessary files and components of operating system, scan the registry, delete broken shortcuts. Equipped with a 'Safety Net' mechanism that allows reverting major changes made to the operating system.
X-Ways Security Permanent Erasure
- Erase logical drives or entire physical disks completely and irreversibly. Clean formerly used NTFS file records, which contain filenames and other data.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 29, 2013 at 6:35:04 UTC -